dear gabe

summary: kaycee writes a letter to gabe for Valentine's Day.

Dear Gabe,We were friends for as long as I could remember and I honestly miss you as a friend

Dear Gabe,
We were friends for as long as I could remember and I honestly miss you as a friend. We danced together and had the time of our lives without a care in the world.

I do not know what happened. We started to date and had so much fun with each other. We were happy to be together, we did not care about anyone else and their opinions or at least that is what I thought. After a good few months you distanced yourself from me and started hanging out with the cheerleaders after school claiming that it was for school purposes.

School purposes. I actually believed you that it was for school until I caught you in bed with some random redhead that was on the cheerleading team. I cried for weeks until one guy asked me if I was okay.

Sean Lew.

I thought I was never going to see him again until I saw him at Jojo's dance class one day. I distanced myself from you and he sat next to me. At first I thought he was sitting next to me for pity, but I slowly learned that he just wanted to make a friend.

I also learned that he was going to our school. I sat by myself at lunch one day and he was sitting right there with a smile on his face. He kept telling me these cheesy jokes and it sucked really but I still laughed without a care in the world.

I have not felt happy in a long time and I should have been happy the entire time. You made me happy for a while until you made me feel like shit. I should not have to feel like shit because you are shit. I deserved a better boyfriend who would not cheat on me with someone who did not love you.

Sean was the one who made me happy. He calls me sunflower because my smile shines like the sun. I usually disagree, but Sean and I always end up in an argument and I lose all the time. He makes me feel so lucky to have him in my life. I am proud that I met Sean and he always tells me that he is happy he met me.

He asked me out on Valentines Day.

Rose petals around my locker yet sunflowers in my locker with a teddy bear and chocolates as well. A small sticky note saying to turn around and Sean was behind me with a big sign asking me to be his girlfriend. Obviously, I said yes.

I saw your face. Shocked. It was funny how you thought that I would not move on to someone better than you. But, I did. Moved on to someone who actually cares for me. You lost someone who cared for you, someone who would have dropped everything to be there for you.

Honestly, I miss the old you. I loved the old you, Gabe. I hate this you, the one who can not commit to a girl for the love of god. I do hope for the best for you in the future, I hope for you to find someone that you will commit to for real. I hope you find someone who loves you the same way I did before you turned to one night stands.

I never want to talk to you again, but I do hope you read this letter now or in the future. I will forgive you for how you treated me but not for a long time so do not get your hopes up if you still care about me.

Writing this letter was not even my idea, it was Sean's. He said that this would be good for me to let out what I felt for a long time. I think it was a good idea for me to let out whatever I was feeling about you.

I am happy now. I let out the feelings I felt about you and now I am content with myself. I am more than content with the relationship I am in right now.

Happy late Valentines Day, Gabe.

- Kaycee Rice

please tap the star and vote

a/n: I know, I am late but Happy Valentines Day everyone. Hope you liked this one shot and again sorry for the late one shot.