Roger: He Comforts You When You Have A Nightmare

Roger's P.O.V.

I am in a state of half sleep and half consciousness as a I feel (y/n) stir in my arms. Looking at the clock, I see that the time reads 2:20 in the morning; typically by this point we'd have separated from our cuddles and slept back to back--nothing personal, we are both just wild sleepers. But I feel (y/n) squirming, still in my arms with her head on my chest, just as she'd fallen asleep earlier in the night.

Her moving about becomes more violent as she arches her back. It's now that I realize my hands, one on the nape of her neck and the other on her lower back are lightly covered in what I believe (and hope) is sweat. I remove my hands from their position and gently cup her face in them, seeing her eyes twitch rapidly back and forth behind closed lids--panic bubbles inside of me as I worry something might be physically wrong with her.

"(y/n)," I whisper, growing louder when she doesn't immediately reply. "Love, please wake up."

She merely whimpers in reply and thrashes more. Holding her close I wait the thrashing out, worried about her more than words can describe.

Your P.O.V.

I am hiding under a bed in a room I don't recognize. Moreover, I have no idea what I am hiding from. Everything feels so warped, and I worry that if I move even an inch whatever this "thing" is will emerge and get me somehow. I stay flat and still hoping that this is just a dream. Is this just a dream? Shouldn't I be in bed with Roger right now at some ritzy hotel? Queen is in the middle of a bloody tour after all...hey what's going on here...

All cohesive thoughts are ripped from my mind as all the blood rushes out of my face; I hear thudding footsteps and the whisper of my name. My hand flies to my mouth to suppress a scream, but it emerges anyway. The creature freezes and leans down, revealing an ugly face and burning red eyes. Just as another blood curdling scream begins to flow out of me I am shaken awake by my frantic boyfriend. With flushed cheeks he strokes my hair and sits me up muttering something about how he thought I was having a heart attack in my sleep. Yes, he's dramatic. But I have a knack for sleep talking and I am assuming some truly strange noises had been coming out of me.

I look wildly around me and reach for a glass of water on the bed side table, my clammy hands just missing it. Roger reaches past me and hands me the glass before gently pulling me into his lap--being careful so as to not cause me to spill. Placing one hand on my forehead with his other arm protectively wrapped around my chest, he leans me back against him and gently sings in my ear, a tradition we have whenever I have a particularly nasty nightmare.

"I'd sit alone and watch your light

My only friend through teenage nights

And everything I had to know

I heard it on my radio...."

Maybe this seems like a weird song choice for some, but never fail this always calms me down. His steady, high voice lulls me into a relaxed state as I recall the first time we ever met. I was backstage chatting with the other band members due to the fact that I received exclusive passes for my birthday. Freddie asked me my favorite song just as Roger passed by "Radio Gaga" flew out of my mouth--of course I had no idea that the smug drummer who would approach next was the one who had written it. Fishing for compliments, he introduced himself and asked me why I loved the song so much? Not a half hour later we had left for our first date of many. Years down the road now, this song is a forever favorite of mine and a lullaby of sorts for me in the context of our relationship.

I smile up at Roger as he finishes up the song. "Thanks Roggie," I whisper, gingerly kissing his cheek. I look down guiltily knowing I must have woken him from a much needed rest.

"Of course, (y/n)", he immediately replied before a cheeky grin appears on his face. Oh boy. "But you're not getting off with just a kiss on the cheek. Don't you think I earned a little more than that?"

"Roger Meddows Taylor!" I shriek playfully.

"I am not having sex with you at," I glance at the clock, "goodness me! 2:30 in the bloody morning! I mean, really Roger??" I chastise him, knowing full well he is kidding with me and would never demand such a thing.

He opens his mouth wide in feigned horror before pushing me off of his lap and pinning my shoulders to the bed, a mischievous grin on his face. "I never said we had to make love, (y/n), I just want a proper kiss is all."

One thing leads to another, and we don't end up getting back to sleep at a very good time. All things considered, I'm not too upset about that.

A/N: Still open for requests---posting Brian's version of this imagine some time tomorrow! Sending love to all and hope you're having a relaxing weekend. Leave me a comment and vote if you enjoyed this chapter. xxx Emma.