Freddie: "I am forever yours." (Part 1)

A/N: This was inspired by a request to write about being late to Freddie's birthday party. I hope you all enjoy. I split into into 2 parts since it was so long...AKA part 2 is already written if you all want it. It's very cute, in my humble opinion. :)

Your P.O.V

I turned the key shutting off the car after spending what felt like 12 hours running around like a crazy person running errands to get Freddie's birthday gift finalized. This was just one thing occupying my time among other band-related tasks I had opted to complete to make my boyfriend's celebration a bit smoother. I grimaced looking at my watch now realizing that while it hadn't been 12 hours, it had certainly been 10, and I was arriving as the party was already half over. While this may not have been a big deal to some, I was no fool. Freddie is going to be pissed, I thought. Exasperated, I put my face in my hands rubbing my tired eyes.

Leaning across the seat to reach for my makeup bag, which I had brought along knowing I would be working until the last minute, I couldn't help but softly smile as his gift lay wrapped to perfection in shiny wrapping paper he had unknowingly picked months before. As he had run his hands over the crisp, gold paper I had made a mental note and returned to the shop the next day. It had been hidden in my car ever since, and his gift was wrapped to perfection. Hopefully that fact will cheer him up some, I pondered.

At the very least, I was proud of what I had accomplished and knew that over time Freddie would come to be happy with me as well. I carefully placed the photo of Freddie and me lying in the passenger's seat back into its original envelope. The artist I had found had studied it for weeks before painting what could only be described as a magical work of art based upon the picture. What's more is she was an artist in Japan who painted in one of his favorite styles. I knew he would adore it. Along the white frame I had selected, I had all of Freddie's dearest friends write him messages of encouragement and happiness. David Bowie, Elton John, Phoebe, and so many others had filled its wonderful edges. I had carefully grabbed the permanent marker earlier that day before wrapping it and written a message to my dear Freddie:

"Another year of you has come, my dear one. Never have I encountered someone so worth celebrating. I am forever yours. Love, (y/n)."

I had smiled at the last bit, which was a small thing of ours if you will. Whenever Freddie had gotten jealous, insecure, or sad in the slightest I had been known to relentlessly attack him with kisses all over his face and repeatedly say "I am forever yours." Until he would repeat the sentiment back. We usually wrestled this way for a while before simply lying in each other's arms, content. I knew the note would make him smile when he read it, and despite my lack of time management, hoped he would still see the good in it.

I carefully applied a bit of foundation, blush, and mascara. Freddie loved when I kept my makeup simple, and so did I. My hair had maintained the waves I had styled this morning, and I felt beautiful, as though I was daring him to try to stay mad at me. Unsure where my confidence was coming from, I sat up straight smiling and pulling the gift into my arms. I undid my seatbelt and began the walk inside unsure what was to await me, but able to hear the distinct chatter of the drunk party goers and the blaring music shaking the walls of our shared home. Taking a deep breath to calm my encroaching nerves, I ascended the steps to the front porch and let myself into the house.

"(Y/N)," came the shriek, catching me off guard and almost making me drop the gift. Though initially annoyed, I couldn't bear to stay mad as Roger gripped me in a bear hug lifting me off the ground and spinning me in circles as laughter poured out of me.

"Rog, you're going to make her sick!" came Brian's voice of reason prompting Roger to set me down, but not before placing a sloppy kiss on my cheek. I saw John giggling behind them and realized how drunk the two of them were. Looking to Brian with a raised eyebrow he produced a pair of car keys I recognized as Roger's, indicating that he would be driving their drunk asses home later that night. I gave him a side hug, squeezing his arm slightly. Being sober at this event was a brave endeavor, and I for one wasn't brave enough as I snatched John's drink out of his hand and took a sip grimacing as John grabbed it back from me.