Freddie: "I had a nightmare about you and wanted to make sure you were okay."

A/N: This was a request, thank you all for submitting those. I am working my way through them. Sorry to all it has taken me so long to update-sue the management!!! This time of my life has been busy and my other story death on two legs is taking up a lot of my time. <3 Love you all. Now, on to the imagine!-Emma

Your P.O.V.

I swing my legs off the side of my bed taking a moment to stare at the floor before doing what I often do when I can't seem to fall asleep, going to sit on my rooftop. It has been weeks since a good night's sleep was able to take hold of me and through all of the desperation of trying to combat this, this nighttime routine had developed. I have even begun to consider some of the owls and other little nocturnal creatures my friends. I can really use their company after my best friends had left for their North America tour. Especially my Freddie.

I look down at my hands as tears sting my eyes remembering how I hadn't even gotten a chance to say goodbye to Freddie before he left on the tour. We were meant to meet up that morning, but time had gotten the better of him. One thing led to another and as usual I felt like the last priority when he was my first. If only he knew how much he meant to me. I have even begun to dodge his phone calls because the sound of his voice calling me "darling" on the other end is threatening to drive me headfirst down a path I couldn't bear to walk. The path where I dare to acknowledge that the strength of my feelings for Freddie is derived from the notion that he could ever be more than a friend.

I picked at a nail, a habit Freddie loathed because it meant I was feeling insecure. As I tucked my knees to my chest I began to hum a tune Freddie had written one night as we sat on this very rooftop. He said the meanings of his songs were insignificant and up for interpretation. I took the liberty of interpreting this one being about him and I in one way or another. Our friendship never ceased to amaze me. But at times I felt it meant fare more to me than him. A chill caused me to shiver as I looked up, moon shining in my eyes and softly sang:

Look into my eyes and you'll see

I'm the only one

You've captured my love

Stolen my heart

Changed my life

Every time you make a move

You destroy my mind

And the way you touch

I lose control and shiver deep inside

You take my breath away

You can reduce me to tears

With a single sigh

(Please don't cry anymore)

Every breath that you take

Any sound that you make

Is a whisper in my ear

I could give up all my life for just one kiss

I would surely die

If you dismiss me from your love

You take my breath away

It is after this final line that I notice the tears gently streaking my face. Oh lord, I thought I decided no more phone calls because no more crying like this but here I am. My shoulders shake with each sob until I hear a gentle voice singing behind me.

So please don't go

Don't leave me here all by myself

I get ever so lonely from time to time

I will find you

I turn, my mouth gaping wide open first in fear and then in stunned shock at the sight before me. Freddie's dark, but friendly features stretch into a smile as he engulfs me into the tightest hug and sings gently into my ear, lips pressed against my hair:

Anywhere you go, I'll be right behind you

Right until the ends of the Earth

I'll get no sleep till I find you to tell you

That you just take my breath away

"Fred, what on Earth are you doing here?" I question as he finishes, finally digesting that it is him in the flesh, on my rooftop where we had spent so many nights before the band really took off and touring became a constant.

He gently cups my chin, "Well, my darling" I flinch, "someone hasn't been answering my calls." He pokes my nose gently before the sadness shows upon his face and his forehead creases. "Haven't you missed me?"

I nod quickly. "Freddie, I have missed you more than I can say. It just...it's hard sometimes hearing the phone calls and accepting you left and will be gone for who knows how long. I feel left behind at times." I blurt all of this out, uncaring about the fact that it has been weighing on me for weeks and my voice cracks with each word. "Anyways, I had no idea you were planning to be here or I would've answered. I thought the tour was in full force..." I trail off seeing him look away sheepishly.

"Erm, the tour is in full force." He concedes.

"Then...what are you doing here, love? I mean...Freddie...sorry." I mumble, embarrassed at this slip that has happened so many times before.

"I had a nightmare about you and needed to make sure you were safe. It was the most terrible experience of my life, just ask John. I woke the whole band up thrashing in my sleep unable to stand the idea of losing you. I can't even go into the details, darling. Once you stopped answering my phone calls, I worried it was a sign of something. You aren't easy to get in touch with, and I had to see for my own eyes that you are okay." He replies very quickly. "And please don't say sorry for calling me Love. Because I love you very much and you know that."

"I love you too, of course." I reply. "And I am okay, as you can see. I am sorry for the massive inconvenience. I better hurry and get you back to the airport." Tears sting my eyes as I realize no amount of time with him seems to feel the hole I feel when he is gone.

"We better hurry," he says, and gently kisses my cheek. "Packing is going to take a bit. You'll have to prioritize as we are always pressed for space."

I raise my hand to feel where he kissed me. That's new. "I...uh...what?" I blurt out in reply.

"Darling, I am not letting you out of my sight again. You're coming." he says as though it's the most natural response in the world. My heart begins to beat out of my chest.

"Coming? No, Freddie, what about everything here? What about the band? You're too busy for me. That's why I didn't come in the first place..." I am cut off as he presses his lips against mine for the first time in my life.

"You didn't come in the first place, (y/n), because I thought I could delude myself into believing I could ignore my feelings for you. But being away from you all these weeks and worrying nonstop about you has led me to having awful nightmares and very well may give me high blood pressure! I can't bloody stand it and I shouldn't have to. I am a rock star and shall have as I please and I would fancy having you very much. Thank you, now please pack your bags." He retorts promptly.

I can't help the smirk playing at my lips. "Oh, so it's me you please? I am the current object of Freddie Mercury's affection?" I playfully shove him and he pulls me close kissing my forehead.

"You are the ever present, eternal object of my affection. Now go pack your damn bags before I push you off this roof, darling." he mumbles into my forehead after kissing me.

I giggle and do as he says, unsure if I too was having a strange dream. Dream or reality, I'm not too keen on investigating, all I know is I am truly happy and Freddie has feelings for me. So off I go. I never thought I would say this, but I am so happy the man that I love had a nightmare about me.