lesson two

lesson two: makeover

damn, harry. you really do need a makeover.

harry's

"hello!" ashlynn chirped happily once i opened the door.

"what do you want?"

"it's like 6am in the morning?" i groaned, wondering what she's so happy about.

"no, it's almost noon harry. are you drunk or what," she chuckled and i brushed my hair with a hand.

"what? really? o- sorry." I smiled sheepishly, letting her in.

"eh, why is your hair curly?" Ashlynn asked and i facepalmed.

"did you just notice when you literally spent 3728922773 hours outside talking to me?" I chuckled and she blushed.

"I'm sorry!" she rolled her eyes.

"i straighten my hair and put it up in a quiff everyday." I respond, shrugging.

"wait here for a sec, i'll just go prepare."

"w-wAAAAIT" she practically screamed in my ear. the cringe is real.

"do not. I repeat, do NOT straighten your hair today." she looked at me threateningly and I raised an eyebrow, but nodded nevertheless, despite all the questions running through my mind.

what is that girl planning again?

i went through my normal routine but I didn't straighten my hair because I swear, if looks could kill, those threatening eyes would've already killed me 40 times.

"okay. let's go," Ashlynn threw the newspaper on the couch and stood up.

"wait what? I'm going out with my hair not straightened? i look like i xjust came out from Narnia for god's sake," i frowned at her but she just flipped me off, pulling me out of the door.

"you look fine, no, you actually look better. so stop being a girl and come out." she rolled her eyes and i frowned.

did i really look better with the curls, though?

i shooked that thought off. of course not, i look.. messy.

nevertheless, i went with ashlynn as she dragged me out to the streets, and into a salon. everything happened so fast i couldn't even process what was happening. that girl must've been from cross country or something.

by the time we were in the salon, i was panting like nobody's buisness, while she shook her head at me dissaprovingly. there was a glint in her eye though, as though she was planning something.

"sit." she pushed me down to sit down, and i obediently sat on the chair.

as she went to call the hairstylist, i took some time to catch my breath. this girl was as fast as the wind. or did i not have enough stamina?

"ello! im grace, and i'll be your hairstylist." a middle aged woman greeted warmly and i smiled awkwardly. what was i supposed to say?

wait, what are they doing to my hair?

"aye, grace! you can start the hair makeover," ashlynn giggled and my eyes widened.

hair makeover? what the hell is that?

"w-wait. what are you doing?" i asked wearily before she put her hands om my hair.

"making you look better, duh. now just trust me on this," ashlynn smiled and i sighed.

fine.

i closed my eyes and plugged my earpieces in, enjoying as the melodies fill my ears.

- - -

HAA OOOOH

everything else will be posted in the reflections chapter!

hope you enjoyed it x

-annetta