Chapter 6: Weighing of the Wands

Ginny's POV:

After Harry and I had stormed away from everyone. We ate breakfast in the kitchens to avoid people. As Dobby was now working in the kitchen, he immediately began to fuss over us while proclaiming that Harry was the greatest wizard ever. We just talked until it was time for classes.

As the day continued, it just got worse. Though Draco tried to get at Harry with "support Cedric Diggory, the real Hogwarts Champion" it was ineffectual because Harry agreed with the statement and grabbed one when offered. The look on Draco's face was priceless. A combination of shock, horror, and disbelief crossed his face.

It wasn't until the end of the day that we finally got to talk with Hermione and the twins. When they heard what Ronald had pulled, they were furious. Almost instantly, the twins vowed an all-out prank assault on him. Understandably, Hermione was upset by his actions. Though she was upset, Hermione quickly grabbed Harry in a siblingly hug, while I gave the twins a hug.

After the conversation with Hermione and the twins, we went about doing our homework. By the time all the homework was finished, it was nearly nine-thirty and Harry and I headed to bed exhausted from the days' events.

 In the days following the events with Ronald, he began to spread malicious rumours about Harry between the other Gryffindors. Mainly, he spouted that Harry had entered for the fame and money and was only saying he didn't enter to save face. I could tell that it deeply hurt Harry to have someone he considered a brother stab him in the back this way. Harry and I ended up having breakfast in the kitchens most mornings due to tension between some of the housemates.

One of the mornings when Harry and I were discussing where we were going to start training, Dobby stepped in and informed us of the perfect place. It was the Room of Requirement.

When we went to check it out, Harry and I discovered that the room could provide just about anything we needed, including some muggle-style gym equipment. After we found the Room, Harry and I began to wake up earlier to workout and strengthen our bodies.

After about a week of our new routine, it was time for the Weighing of the Wands ceremony.

Harry's POV:

Though the ceremony itself seemed a little bit over the top, it was fairly tame. I could see the point of the ceremony: they wanted to make sure that each person's wand would perform properly when it was needed. After Ollivander examined each of the wands, he declared that they were all in perfect working order. The portion following the ceremony was what ended up causing me grief.

Rita Skeeter was an obnoxiously thin "journalist" who wore an ill-fitted dress in a horrid shade chartreuse green. As soon as our photos were taken for the Daily Prophet, she attempted to corner me into a broom closet to interview me. She started by asking me if I had entered the tournament, and I said that I didn't she tried to get me to say that I had entered myself. Feeling my anger start to rise, I told her to back off. Upon my refusal to be interviewed by her, she attempted to forcefully drag me into the broom cupboard with her. Instantly, I jerked my body away from her as she tried to grab me.

"Why are you so insistent about interviewing me? I said no and I need to get back to potions class. Now, if you'll refrain from trying to grab me I need to get back to class," I said with anger lacing my voice as Skeeter still tried to block my exit.

"I think you should leave him alone," I heard a voice say from behind me. Quickly, I turned my head to see Cedric and Krum step up behind me and place a hand on my shoulder. At seeing that I was no longer the only one she had to contend with, Skeeter slinked off and left the room. I felt a rush of gratitude as for the other two champions standing behind me.

"Thank you," I said as turned and nodded to Cedric and Krum, "bloody hell, is she persistent."

Krum nodded, "She shouldn't even be able to call herself a journalist. That woman lies about everything to 'make a better story'. The stories from her about me when the world cup was on," He looked disgusted and spat at the floor.

"Thank you, nonetheless," I said stuck my hand out the Krum for him to shake. After all, the tournament was about building relationships with students from the other schools.

Just as I turned to leave, Fleur spoke up, "Harry, I wanted you to know I believe you, about not entering."

Quickly, I turned back to the other champions and we began to converse. As we stood in the unused classroom talking, I had a really good feeling about the new relationships I was creating. After a half hour conversation, Ginny came to find me and we headed off to Transfiguration.

N/A: I really want to thank everyone who reads and votes/comments. They really are a fantastic motivation to keep me writing, so please keep them coming. Hope you like the new chapter

-Sarah