Chapter 18: Closing

Ginny's POV:
Still clutching Harry's body against me, I perched myself on his lap to reassure myself that he was okay. Harry whispered gently into my ear and I curled my legs around his. Though the chair we were sitting on was not meant for two people to sit there, Harry and I were making it work.

"I thought I'd lost you," I thought forlornly as I attempted to process all the emotions coursing through my body.

Clutching me to his body Harry pressed a kiss to the top of my head, "I'm so sorry, baby. I couldn't watch Ced died right in front of me either. I'm just really grateful I was able to come back to you," I just clutched myself tighter to him as I thought about the events of the evening.

After Harry, Cedric and Fleur arrived back in a flash of gold light, I was in a panic. Harry had just jumped in front of a killing curse and I had no idea what was happening. After Harry woke up and Cedric and Fleur came over, everything went nuts. People had rushed over to Harry and I, teachers swarmed us wondering what had happened.

Now Harry, Cedric, Fleur and I were seated in Dumbledore's office waiting for the teachers to come to talk to us.

Finally, all of the professors entered the office and took seats around us. Once they were settled, Dumbledore began to speak, "Firstly, I would like to congratulate each of you on winning the Triwizard Tournament, but most importantly I must ask what happened at the end of the maze. All that was supposed to happen when the cup was touched was that the maze would disappear. Though as you all realized, that was not the case. If you could tell us what happened, it would be of great help."

"We all agreed to work together in the maze, each of us got stuck somewhere and we help the others, so all of us, barring Viktor, grabbed the cup together. We kind of figured that the graveyard we arrived it was another part of the task so we were on our toes," Cedric began to speak, he could tell that Harry and I were in no position to tell the story at this moment in time, "in that graveyard, we all stayed close together and waited for whatever was coming..." Cedric trailed off absorbed in his memories and tears beginning to slip down his cheeks.

Thankfully Fleur was on the ball and pick up where Cedric left off, "as we were about to walk a little bit further, a cloaked figure appeared carrying a bundle in his arms. Harry had just whispered that we needed to get back to the cup when a voice said, 'kill the spare!' Then everything happened so quickly. Whoever it was cast the killing curse, it was headed right for Ced; Harry jumped in front of the curse. I was terrified, Harry's body fell back on Cedric and I just before we were cover in a gold light and brought here and you saw the rest," as Fleur finished talking she had tears running down her face, just the same as Harry, Cedric and I, and a heavy silence permeated the room.

After the teachers managed to overcome their shock Professor McGonagall piped up, "these children have had a trying evening and very much need some rest. I believe that we have all the information that we need to process everything. I will escort each of them to their respective dorms for them to rest," her voice left no room for an argument from anyone. I was exceptionally grateful when she stood and motioned for us to follow her back to our respective dorms.

When Harry and I finally got back to our room, we both changed into sleep attire and curled in each other's arms.

The next several days were a blur of questions, pomp and circumstance.

For the pomp and circumstance, all of the champions were required to take part in the highest form closing ceremonies for the tournament. The presentation of the award money was handled very differently as it needed to be split between three people instead of one. After that ceremony, Viktor and Fleur said their goodbyes and we promised to write over the summer.

We answered all of the questions that Dumbledore had about what happened in the graveyard. We also informed him of the Horcruxes. Upon the mention of the heinous items, his face darkened. Sighing he rubbed his face and confided that he had suspected that Voldemort, also known as Tom Riddle, had made several. Now that his suspicions were confirmed, Dumbledore told us that we would be informed if something happened over the summer on the Horcrux front.

After everything else, Harry and I still had to write our OWLs to finish off the year. Overall, Harry and I both felt okay, but not fantastic on all of them but the defence against the dark arts class.

After the exams were done, everyone packed up and we were headed to the train and our new home. Cedric had promised to write and that we'd meet up over the summer. Holding the portkey to Potter Castle in our hands Harry and were ready to get to our new home. So, with our trunks in one hand and portkey in the other. I looked at the activation instructions for the portkey and said the magic words, "take me home." Quickly a hook grabbed me behind my navel and we were spinning off to our new home.

As soon as Harry and I landed, I smiled at Harry. Though I had no idea what the summer was going to hold, I knew there would be a dull moment while I was with Harry. Stowing the key in the pocket of my robes Harry and walked down the hallway and began to explore our new home.

N/A: Hey guys so this is the final chapter of this story. You made it! Thank you to everyone who voted commented (especially people who have been reading this since I first started posting this story). I will be making a sequel this one, but I'm going to need a bit of time on that one. I'll post and let you all know when the sequel is released. Thanks so much for reading this.
-Sarah