Chapter Seven - Halloween

Julia's POV

October 31st, 2017

"Students, before you go, don't forget to stay safe tonight!" The announcements end, and the bell rings, sounding the end of school. Luckily, coach gave us the night off for Halloween, which is rarely permitted but since we did well in our last swim meet, she said we deserved it.

I walked through the courtyard and to the parking lot, unlocking my car. About five minutes later, I saw Kat, Sam, and Jackie walk towards me and get in the car. Guess they all needed rides. It's all right though, each of their houses are on the way to ours.

"Hey guys," I greeted them as I scoured my car for gum.

Sam jumps into the passenger seat, like usual. Everyone knows to not take the passenger seat if Sam's with us. Kat and Jackie sit in the back, and they greet me back, immediately scrolling through their phones. Ah, teens. As I look through the mirror I see Kat nervously checking her surroundings. "You good, Kat?" I pulled out onto the road.

"Yeah, I'm fine. We're all heading to Shanna's party tonight, right?" She replied.

"Shanna? We don't even talk to her."

Sam scoffed, "It doesn't matter, silly! There'll be so many people their she won't noticed if we weren't invited. And she's only ever been seen once in her parties. She's usually upstairs inviting guy after guy-"

"Gross, Sam! Really?" Jackie interjected, and we all laughed.

Kat piped back in, "The twins are coming too. Not to mention Caleigh and Toni." I nodded my head as we pulled up to Sam's.

"See you tonight," The three of us said in unison to him.

He smiles, grabbing his bag and hopping out of the car, "See you, I love you!"

"And I, you!" I smile as he shuts the door.

"You talk like such an old lady." Kat comments.

"Shut up."

- - -

With Ethan's hand in mine, we walk through the party as skeletons. I give all the credit to Toni. She's a painting mad man. Creepy music sounds through the house and Ethan smiles. He loves Halloween. Honestly, I don't mind it. I've gotten more comfortable around people, so I don't feel as claustrophobic. "Ugh," I sigh, "I have to finish so many things when-"

"How 'bout we don't worry about work right now? Let's have fun!" Ethan grabs my other hand and pushes me to a doorway, and we get in to see a dark bathroom with cobwebs strung all over it.

"What are you-" Ethan cups his hand on my face and brings he lips down to mine. He kisses me roughly, and we stay against a wall. As he lets go, I say, "Eth-" he cuts me off.

"I have, absolutely for no reason, wanted to kiss you so badly. I am insane about you. I think about you all the time, I almost can't get anything done," he puts both his hands on my cheeks, and just stares at me. It's dark, but I can tell he's looking right at my eyes.

Grabbing his arms, I pull him to me against a wall, and kiss him back. My hands wander around his body and so do his, and I leave it be, because right now I feel an ache in my stomach, like maybe what he felt for me. And it's never been like this before.

I push him away, and loud and clear I say, "I love you." I flick on the light, and he doesn't take his eyes off me. I can see the black and white paint on his face, but his eyes stay the same. "I don't think I've ever loved anyone as much I love you, Ethan Dolan."

"Julia, you are everything to me. And as stupid as this is, being in a bathroom and covered in face paint, I love you too." I grin as wide as I can and flick off the light, bringing him closer to me.

- -

we just read some piping hot tea, ladies!

-tashi, heh heh