Those who protect

***Aku POV***

"I wont forgive this!!!" Yells Asta. "How could you do something so cruel?! Who the heck are you guys?!"

They aren't dressed like Diamond kingdom spies, nor do they look like barbarians here to trash the village.

"I don't recall hearing anything about Magic Knights showing up." Says one of the cloaked men. "Could they be out on some unofficial business? And how did they make it through the village through our mist barrier?" They start talking among themselves.

Then the lead guy starts talking to us.

"The Black Bulls... Crude heretics that don't fit in with the other Magic Knights. Dealing with them would be a waste of time." He then looks down at the pocket watch.

"Five minutes... We'll get rid of these useless villagers that didn't know anything and seek what we came here for."

Then Asta launches forward. "Don't ignore me!!" He yells.

Then one of the cloaked men opened their Grimoire. "Mist magic: whirlpool of illusory mist." I loose sight of Asta in the mist but he uses his sword to cut through it.

"I asked you why you tried to kill all these villagers!!" Yells Asta. I spin around my scythe around and I walk forward glaring at the man.

"This world is split into several regions. The Noble Realm where royalty lives, the Common Realm where commoners live, and the Forsaken Realm. This village, Saussy, is located in the Forsaken Realm. Most of those who inhabit the Forsaken Realm are an inferior race that can only use enough magic to complete daily tasks. They're basically mindless beasts." I tighten the grip on my scythe and grind my teeth in frustration.

"I was only trying to get rid of the mindless beasts that might steal more of my precious time."

"Beasts?!" I yell in anger.

"What the hell do you know about them?! All you know is that they don't have much power as your pathetic ass does! Someone like you should have a better activity other than killing children who still have a whole life to live!"

"Lives? You call this living?" He smirks.

"Yes, I do." I say.

He then sighs, "The four of you also had enough magical power to join the Magic Knights, did you not? You're only trying to save them because it's your mission. But in truth, they look like lowly beasts to you, do they not?"

Also?

I lower my head and my bangs cover my eyes.

"You call them beasts even though you're the one killing a group of defenseless people." I snicker.

"I think you don't know what the word "Beast" means. You'd think that someone like you would have the proper education to know that. Or... are you really that intimidated by these people? Are you really that low, low enough to kill all these people just to feel better about yourself and that ugly rat of a face? Mutilating others faces to make you feel better? I remember a serial killer that used Ice magic that did that."

"Shut up! Whats your excuse? What are you hiding under that mask!" I reach up and I take off the mask,

"I'm hiding nothing dumbass."

"Those who you call beasts are the lives I have to protect!" Yells Asta.

"I see. So the filthy beasts are that valuable to you."

Not long after we were in a really bad place. The guy has completely surrounded us in falling ice daggers.

Magna is running out of power and we all cant last much longer. I continuously throw down spells deflecting more but the villagers are still getting hit. I turn to see a stray boy with blonde hair with his hands held over his head and a Ice dagger headed straight for him. I run and I block it, the dagger hits me right in my left shoulder. I close my left eye in pain and I pull it out and I draw my scythe from my Grimoire. I lead the kid back to the other villagers.

I look down at the piles of sand left behind from my first spell I had cast. "Ricotaru sand magic: Sand Storm."

Then as I motion my hand the sand piles fly up and it swarms around the attackers. Then I move my index finger and the other next to it up and the sand forms into similar daggers as the ice daggers. They slice down on the attackers. They doge most of them but some graze their skin and one got hit directly in the stomach. It didn't do as much damage as I would like.

I'm running out of power. This is bad.

***Magna Pov***

Asta, Aku, Noelle, and I are in a really bad place. This turned out to be one hell of a first mission for those three. This isn't good!

"But if I and run now, I'm not a real man!" I yell throwing more fire balls at the ice protecting the villagers.

"It just so happens that I am a lowly commoner myself. I'll protect you!" I yell to the villagers.

Aku runs up beside me to hit away more Ice. "Aku your arm!" I yell.

"I'm fine It's just a scratch." She says.

"I wonder how long you all will last." Says the guy with the scar across his face.

He then looks up to Aku wielding her scythe.

Then Noelle throws a giant water ball towards him but it swings to the side missing them.

"To think one of you can't control her powers.... I guess the Black Bulls were truly desperate for members this year." He says.

"These frail little beasts who can't even protect themselves... If you abandon them, I'll let you live, Magic Knights." He says.

"Like hell I'll abandon them!!!!" Yells Asta.

"A real man doesn't abandon anybody!" I yell.

"You think i'll abandon them? You're dumber than I originally thought." Says Aku hitting more Ice away from the villagers.

The man looks back at Aku as she strikes away the ice.

"Okay then... You wont listen I'll kill one of your own and give you a chance to reconsider. If I take away this girl you call Aku you will truly be powerless, two birds, one stone." He then raises his hand and his Grimoire opens.

"AKU!!" I yell.

But numerous sharp pillars of ice come out from the ground and impale her. One through her right leg, three through her stomach two in her shoulders and one through her heart.

"Ice compound magic; cold Execution." With shock and unawareness on her face Aku's blood slowly trickles down the pillars to the floor.

Then the pillars disappear and Aku falls. I run over to her, I cradle her in my arms frantically trying to stop the bleeding.

"Shit!! Shit!! Aku get up!" I yell.

The guy puts his hand up and the Ice stops crashing down on us. Asta runs over to us and Noelle stands where she is at horrified, tears filling her eyes.

"AKU!!" Asta yells. "Aku get up!!! Dammit! Wake up!! What the hell am I suppose to tell Yuno!?!" He yells voice cracking as tears roll down his eyes.

"You promised you would help us achieve becoming the wizard king! You said you would stay forever! You cant die now. What do I tell Yuno?! He's going to blame himself for this!! Do you want that?!!" He yells.

Noelle puts her hands over her mouth trying to hold back tears. Asta then stops yelling and just crys holding her close to him. "What do I do?" He asks her quietly.

"You can abandon the villagers, and mourn the death of your friend. Or you die here along with the rest of these useless beasts."

AN:

:3