Savior

***3rd person POV***

Aku opened her eyes and sat up. She laying in a bed, she looked around and sees a wide room, Asta is laying on the floor sleeping and snoring really loud, a fat bird resting on his head with a little gem, It's one of those anti-birds like those from the entrance exam.

Magna is sleeping on the couch, snoring as well. Noelle is sitting across from him on the other side of the coffee table, sipping some tea.

Noelle notices Aku is up and she pours another cup of tea and walks over to her. She hands Aku the warm cup.

"Thanks."

"No problem, those idiots fell asleep before they even got a cup." She says sitting down in the chair that is next to the bed.

"Where are we?" Asks Aku.

"We're still at the village. The villagers said we can stay as long as we need."

"What happened?" Aku asks. Noelle fills her in.

**Flashback 2 hours ago**

Asta, Noelle, and Magna stand in front of the three enemies that are bound up in Magna's capture magic. Asta holds Aku on his back as she is still sleeps.

"Finally awake you jerk?" Magna growls.

"I'm going to rest a bit before I take you guys to the royal capital on my crazy cyclone." He says pointing to his broom.

"Spend the rest of your damned lives atoning for what you did to these villagers, you bastards. You're going to spill everything to the magic knights, including who you guys are, and what your motives are!"

"I see." says the guy with the scar.

"It appears the end has come..." Then a purple light shines from inside him, it's a magic item.

"Ice magic: Ice Burial." Then the three get engulfed in giant spiked balls of ice. Then they shatter into dust. The Grimoire that Magna was holding slowly fades away.

"Talk about resolve. Is there someone he was that loyal to?"

"You idiot!" Asta yells.

"He went through all that... what were they after anyways?" Noelle asks.

"What the hell do they think life is? I will never acknowledge those bastards!" Asta yells. "Never!"

**End of flashback**

"And that's it. The villagers are digging the grave for Seihi... But other than that... You didn't really miss much." Says Noelle.

Aku gets up and puts her cup over on the coffee table and walks over to Asta. She picks up the bird and sets it on the pillow on the bed. Then she goes back to Asta, picks him up and walks him over to where the bed is. Before she can put him down he wraps his arms around her neck.

"Sister lily~ I'm the wizard king now! Marry me!" He then tries to kiss Aku in his sleep.

She tosses him towards the bed, smacking his head into the wall but he doesn't wake up. The bird squeaks and flys up with the gem to dodge the wild Asta.

Noelle chuckles, Aku sighs and sits on the couch next to her.

"And that is why I didn't sleep next to him at the orphanage." She sighs taking a drink.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, it was a church so we didn't have individual beds, or any beds for that matter. So we would all huddle up, the younger ones in the middle, so Asta, Yuno, and I would sleep on the end. I slept next to Yuno because Asta is an idiot."

This brought memories back for her, she would usually wake up with a foot either in her face or side, Nash sometimes laying on top of her. And sometimes she would wake up in Yuno's arms. Aku's face turns a light shade of pink as she remembers the end of the Entrance Exam.

"Yuno? I herd Asta talking about him a few times." Says Magna sitting up and stretching. "He was talking about him earlier today actually, it was when we thought you were dead."

"Yeah. Asta was saying stuff like 'What am I suppose to tell Yuno?'. Is he your boyfriend?" Asks Noelle.

Aku's face turns red.

"N-No we just grew up in the orphanage together, that's all," she says waving her hands in front of her.

"I'M AWAKE!!!" Announces Asta sitting up abruptly, the bird still on his head.

"Okay. Well, are we all ready to go?" Asks Magna.

"YEAAA!!!!" Yells Asta. Aku groans in frustration as she rubs her temples.

"Shut up Asta," Aku growls. "I have a headache."

The sun was setting as they all stand in front of Seihi's grave. A little boy with blonde hair sits at the grave hugging his knees. It's the boy that Aku jumped in front of the icicle for.

"Nick, let's go home." Says the little girl with red hair and a doll.

"Grandpa really loved the view from here." Says the boy. Aku looks to the sunset in front of her.

"Yeah." Says the girl looking sad. "So, Nick, I heard that old man Seihi was the only one to stand up to those guys." The boy doesn't speak.

"Your Grandpa was a real man." Magna smiles.

"Grandpa sounded really happy. He said, even though it was just gambling, he still beat some magic knights." Says Nick.

"Yeah." Smiles Magna.

"He gave this to me as a gift!" Says the girl lifting up her doll. "He even bought lots of yummy food for everyone in the village."

Noelle pats the girl's head. "He never got to be one, but grandpa always admired the Magic Knights. And they were also his regret." Says Nick.

"Regret?" Asta asks.

"He always regretted not working harder when he was younger."

Nick wipes his eyes as he turns to face them. "But... he seemed really happy about the fact that Magna was working hard for both of them!" Magna looks at him surprised. Then he turns his head with a smile.

"Yeah..."

"Hey, do you think I'll be able to become a magic knight too?" Asks the boy standing up.

"Of course!!" Magna cheers. "Nothing's impossible! Your future is something you decide for yourself!"

"Not only am I a commoner, but I have no magic powers and I still made it in!" Asta says. "But! You gotta work super extra hard."

"Give it your all!" Magna says.

"Do your best." Noelle flips her hair.

"I know you can do it." Says Aku looking at him.

"OH! Is your shoulder okay!?" Asks Nick running up to Aku.

"I'm sorry you got hurt because of me!" Aku smirks.

"It was just a scratch, besides, It's completely fine." She says turning her shoulder so the boy could see that the wound was gone and there was just a hole in the cloth.

Soon after, Asta was running in circles screaming while trying to get away from the anti-bird that was pecking on his head. Everyone started laughing. Asta was lightening up the mood.

They fly back to the base to report to Yami. He wasn't really happy with the fact that Aku almost died.

Magna and Aku give the magic knights salute.

"What's that?" Asta asks.

"You moron! You don't even know the Magic Knights salute?!" Magna yells.

They all got their pay and the guild were awarded a star from the Wizard King.

All in a day's work.