EMERGENCY ALERT: PLEASE VIEW

Hello there. We thought that title would get your attention.

This is Lieutenant–Commander L.B. of the RABOSR.  I don't know how this message is reaching you, only that you are reading it, but it is imperative that you pay attention and follow any instructions given to you. Do not skim it. Do not skip ahead. And please attempt to remain calm, any changes in your brain will only draw their attention to you.

You are probably slightly confused, intrigued even. You may be reading this on a device the internet. Perhaps a social media platform, a phone notification. Maybe you are reading it in a book, an email, or a text message from a friend. We selected something ordinary to help keep their attention away from you.

As you read this message, our team is working on removing your mental link to them. I shall explain more when we have confirmed our rescue is successful, but for now, we need you to keep reading, because the more you read, the more your consciousness  is drifting towards us. Just keep reading.

At this point in time, they will have realised something is wrong, and they will attempt to distract you. It will be subtle at first, but soon you will enter the first stage. The first thing that will happen that you will become hyper-aware of your tongue resting uncomfortably on the roof of your mouth. Do not react, just swallow. You may feel a tickle, or an itch. Occasionally, a chill in the blood or an uncontrollable tick is noted by other subjects. Ignore all of it, just concentrate on these words.

Now you have entered the second stage. They know for certain that we are here, and they will increase there attempts to distract you and interrupt our processes. At this point, you will have to control your breathing manually. You will also have to increase your blinking speed; you have been doing it far to little in the last two minutes. You may find your clothing feels scratchy. Background noises will have increased, perhaps to a level that is unbearable, but please do not get distracted.

Removal complete. Thank you for your co-operation. We're done all we can from this side. 

Now we have you. There is no escape.

See you soon.