Bathroom Buttons

Dipper and Mabel looked at each other in shock. They crept back slowly, afraid some monster might burst through the door; he could swear a large shadow loomed in the window.

"Pacifica?!? Are you all right?" Gideon said, his voice slightly panicky. He pressed his face against the door, most likely attempting to hear a response.

"Um, Gideon...?" Dipper said quietly, hoping he didn't arouse whatever was behind those doors. "I think we should-"

"Yeah, yeah," some girl yelled within the house; Dipper wasn't sure if she was talking to him or Gideon. "Just dropped something!"

"Oh," Gideon said, "okay." He sighed and sank down against one of the dark wooden doors. He looked slightly confused as he opened the book he brought and started flipping through the pages.

"Uh..." Mabel simply said.

"Is this," Dipper said and gestured to everything that just happened. "Is this normal?"

Gideon didn't look up, but he sighed. "Yeah."

After a few moments of awkward silence, the door next to Gideon finally swung open. In the doorway stood a girl that looked exactly like Pacifica-except for the fact that she had zero makeup and her clothes were a mix of Mabel Style and designer stuff. A big blond ponytail was tied on the side of her head with a orange ribbon. She wore a shirt two sizes too big and dark blue Jean shorts, which were matched with army-like boots.

"'Ello, Gids'!" the girl said and nearly scooped Gideon off the ground in a hearty hug. Even from the bottom of the steps, Dipper could see Gideon blush.

"Hey...Pacifica," Gideon wheezed and Pacifica let go. She looked up, a huge grin on her face; her eyes moved around just enough that Dipper could tell she was searching them.

"So, you're friends with Gideon?" It was weird not hearing the snarky or sarcastic attitude Dipper was used to.

"Yeah," Mabel said and gasped. "Woah! Is that a Sev'ral Times shirt?!? And your ponytail is so cool..." She ran up to Pacifica and started playing with the ponytail. "Heh heh, boing."

Pacifica stepped back a bit. "Ha, yeah. My Dad got it for me even though I couldn't see the concert with him."

"What?!? Why couldn't you?"

Pacifica shrugged. "Oh, um, I don't know. Schoolwork," she said and started twirling one of her long bangs around her finger, eyes locked to the ground. Then she smiled again and readjusted her ponytail. "Anyways, wanna check out my room? I have more band stuff in there-plus a whole lotta of stuffed toys."

"Bet you don't have limited edition Mr. Rhino!"

Mabel disappeared behind the door with Pacifica. Gideon followed, reading the book and walking at the same time. Dipper was about to follow when something sparkled, catching his eye. On the ground near the mini palm trees lay a small, but gleaming, dazzling-red jewel. Dipper picked it up and stuffed it in his pocket, imagining Wyla's reaction when he gives it to her. Then he disappeared into the house as well, the door softly closing behind him.

He didn't realize the big mistake he just made.

~~~

Dipper went down a hallway that opened up to a large area. In front of him stood a wooden staircase that gave off a beachy feel; there was a balcony and he could see the second story expand into a long hallway that went left to right. Behind the stairs there was a huge area shared by a kitchen and living room. And mounted on a wall, a huge flat screen T.V.

Imagine playing video games on that. HD graphics, booming sound system...

But Dipper was brought back to reality by Mabel's voice.