1) Welcome To Hell

The last thing you remember in your mortal life was laying in the cold snow, a bullet lodged between your ribs, bleeding out and left for the dead. You remember watching the small clouds formed by your breath become smaller and smaller. Until you closed your eyes, accepting death, knowing if it was real, you would probably be damned to Hell for your actions.

Yet, you didn't feel your life slip away, and... You were feeling warm? And where had the pain from the bullet wound gone? You opened your eyes a crack, confused, looking at a blood red sky. You hesitantly sat up and looked down at your chest to see if the wound was still there. And surprisingly, it wasn't there. You noticed that you were in the middle of a pentagram etched onto the dark floor, a glowing red, though it was fading away. You seemed to be wearing a black trench coat, a white tank top underneath it, slightly torn at the edges, black pants and you had dark brown boots on. You noticed your skin was a ghostly white. Your hair was still the same shade as it was when you were alive, a deep brown, and was tied up in a bun. The pentagram underneath you had completely disappeared by this point.

You looked around to get a bearing of your surroundings. You were in what seemed like a run down plaza. The center of the plaza was slightly higher up than the street around it. There were different roads going in all four directions. You noticed that there was a group of beings clustered around what appeared to be a radio store, seeming to listen to something. You shakily stood up, brushing yourself down before approaching the beings.

"Erm, is this Hell?" You asked.

"Yes, now shut up, I'm tryna listen here!" Someone spat at you, but you weren't sure which of the beings it was.

They were clustered around a radio, everyone listening. You managed to squeeze into them to be able to hear it better. You saw that the beings were of various shapes and sizes, skin tones, species. In other words, everyone seemed to be far from human. Normally you would have been surprised, but considering that you weren't dead, you didn't really question it too much. The window of the Radio shop was broken, and there was a table, with a single radio playing. You tilted your head, listening. Someone nudged your arm. You looked at a tall, slender woman, who wore a top hat and had a circus-like attire. She had a set of grey curled horns adorning her head, and her skin was a tint of a pale grey. She leaned over and whispered in your ear while listening to the radio.

"Welcome to Hell hun. You're probably confused about what the fuss is about for the radio. It's a breaking news report by the famous Katie Killjoy on the current take-over of the South West side of the Pentagram by a demon known as the Radio Demon. I'll talk more after the report, I wanna know what the fuck is going on."

And with that, the circus demon stood up tall again, going silent to listen. You decided to just listen. The woman did say she'd tell you more afterward anyway. At least she'd be able to explain more in depth what this place was. Now you had your attention on the sound coming from the radio, you heard the sound of screams, while the voice of a woman talking over the top of the screams.

"-demons are dead from having attempted to put up a fight against him. A bit of a crowd is gathering to watch the show. And then there are still demons who refuse to fight him in fear of being erased and just give up their territory willingly. Quite boring if you ask me. It appears that the Radio Demon will be moving onto the North West side, but one can't be too sure. Or he could be coming to the South East side. Oh how exciting! It will be a wonderful bloodbath wherever he decides to go next! Now, back to the studio..."

Those who were clustered around the radio dispersed as if that was the bit of the news they wanted to hear. You approached the demon who had spoken to you earlier. She was now leaning against a wall, arms crossed, waiting for you.

"Who are they talking about on the radio? Who is the Radio Demon? Also, who are you?" You asked and were about to ask more questions but the woman placed a finger on your lips to hush you.

"Aish, one question at a time. First, name's Morgana, and those who know me simply refer to me as the Circus Master Demon. Second, they are talking about an overlord taking over more territory. And finally, the Radio Demon is a mortal soul who seemed to have appeared seemingly overnight, decades ago. He's one of the only mortal souls to possess such power." She explained, adjusting her top hat. "And you are?"

"Erm, I'm (Y/N), I just arrived here. Was shot in the chest by a rival gang member and was left for the dead in the snow." You mumbled.

"Hmm, nice to meet ya. Let me just tell you one thing. Stay away from the radio demon at all costs. He will erase you if you get in his way." Morgana turned and started walking away. "Oh, and watch out for thieves, bandits, other overlords, etc..!"

You watched Morgana walk away, remaining speechless. You were surprised Hell was even a thing. All your life you had just assumed that preachers and believers were warning you about going to Hell for your actions was just some made up story to scare people into doing good. You just thought that the whole Heaven and Hell thing was an ancient story made up long ago to give people hope that there really was a divine presence. That they used it to explain natural phenomenon.

You sighed, feeling your stomach grumble. You'd need to get something to eat but you didn't have any money. You looked around. There were a few lone demons around. If this was Hell, no-one was going to punish you for that. It was Hell after all. The place of sinners. And you could finally put your skills considered bad to use again. You approach a demon who was counting money as they walked. They seemed small enough that they couldn't fight you too much. You grabbed the money and ran. You could hear them yell and complain but they did not follow you.

As you now had some money, you went to a building with a panel advertising it as having apartments to rent. You pushed the door open, entering. It was worn down inside as it was out but you needed somewhere to stay. You paid the demon behind the counter, they led you to your small apartment and handed you a key.

"No rules here. Do anything you want, as long as you can pay the rent each month."

They slinked back to the counter. With a sigh, you entered, locking the door behind you, wondering what your plan of action would be.