3) You Don't Know What I've Done To Be Here

After having laid on the bed for around half an hour, merely staring at the ceiling, wondering what had just happened, and how some random demon you had only just met had taken an interest in you, you finally got up. You attached the chain of the pocket watch to your pocket and slipped it into your pocket. You grabbed your keys, locked the door behind you and went out. You needed to get some food, and some tea because your stomach had been rumbling.

You walked down the stairs and left the building. You stood for a few moments, looking around, wondering where the nearest store would be. You decided to walk along the biggest street, hoping that you would eventually find something. You assumed you would find something since Hell seemed huge. And if you were honest with yourself, you didn't really want to get lost either.

You continued down the street for about 20 minutes and eventually found a shopping center. As most of the area was, it looked run down, but then there seemed to be a lot of activity inside. You walked through the sliding doors. There was flashing neon signs at the entrances to each of the shops and restaurants, despite being inside. It was a strain on the eyes, so you kept your head, and didn't look at them directly, only looking at posters on the windows, advertising whatever they sold. You looked up at one of the neon signs when you saw posters advertising food. Sure enough, the neon green sign said "Jeff's groceries". 

You entered the grocery shop, picking up a basket, and started to walk among the aisles, looking for food that you liked and that didn't involve cannibalism. There were a few demons in the store, but not as many as in the shopping center itself. You picked up a few basics, like bread and such, a few bottles of water, and a kitchen knife. You chose to pick up the knife and put it in the basket because, in your mortal life, you'd always learned to carry a weapon of sorts since you never knew when you might need one. You'd been caught out a few times which nearly resulted in your death. 

"Not really much of a grocery store..." you thought to yourself. "But no matter, I can get what I need and get out of here."

Before you started to make your way to the checkout, you quickly grabbed a box of tea bags, throwing it in your basket. As you headed towards the checkout, you stopped midway. You had the feeling of someone watching you. You looked around you. No-one was looking at you. You went and waited in line. You just assumed it was paranoia from the fact you were actually in Hell.

"Hey, you gonna pay for those or you just gonna stand there and hold up the line?"

A male voice pulled you from your thoughts. You looked up and it was the person standing behind the till. You mumbled a hasty sorry, putting the basket on the counter as the person scanned the items, bagging them. You gave the money, took the bag and left the store. You slipped the kitchen knife in your pocket. 

You started to walk home, though stopped when something hit your back. Hard. You turned around, to find three demons observing you. One had a slingshot and had just thrown a small rock at you, which hit your shoulder. The three demons appeared to be teenagers.

{3rd person p.o.v}

[Y/N] looked at the three, her eyes narrowing in annoyance. 

"What is your problem man?" She hissed, glaring at each of the teens in turn. 

"I saw ya arrive in Hell earlier. And I saw ya mug that demon. Ya obviously got enough to rent a place. Give us the money and there won't be a problem." The tallest of the three drawled. 

"Mmm, I'll remind you that I'm in Hell. You don't know what I've done to be here, do you?"She coked an eyebrow, a smirk tugging at her lips.

"You don't look like much. You probably just cheated on yer man." The third demon said, shrugging, not thinking much of her. 

[Y/N] set the bag of shopping down, placing a hand on the hilt of the kitchen knife in her pocket. She pulled it out. 

"Oh, so you wanna fight missy? Fine. You probably don't know how to use that thing anyway." The tallest snickered, pulling a dual bladed dagger out. 

[Quick A/N: I do not know how to do fight scenes, as this is my first time writing one so bear with me heh-] 

He ran at her. [Y/N] met him head on, grabbing hold of the arm he held his weapon in, twisting it before pushing his arm back so his weapon stabbed him in the shoulder, causing him to screech in pain. You shoved him into the second person, causing them to topple backward. 

The third person had gotten hold of her from behind. Instinctively, she jerked her head backward suddenly, causing him to loosen his grip on her. She ducked down, sweeping her leg 180 degrees, making him fall on his back. The demon who had been knocked over by the one she stabbed ran at her. [Y/N] landed a punch in the stomach, before kicking upwards, hitting the underneath of his chin. 

While the three were dazed and groaning in pain, she picked her bag of shopping back up and walked away as if nothing had ever happened in the first place. 

~

[Y/N] had gotten back to her small place with loads of time to spare. She set the bag down on the floor before slumping on the bed and sighing. Only now was she wondering what the bloody fuck had happened. First, she remembered laying in the snow, with a bullet in her chest. Next, it turns out that Hell was actually a thing, and not just some place preachers made up to keep Christians in line. Then, she had heard the carnage on the radio, mugged someone, and met the mysterious demon who went by the name of Alastor, and then she'd been attacked by three demons.

"Aish pretty hectic day..." She mumbled to herself.

She laid wondering. Why had Alastor been so warm and welcoming to her? Was he always smiling and polite or was there another side to it?

She remembered how it sounded like he was speaking out of a vacuum tube radio. That made you stop and think. Earlier, on the broadcast that [Y/N] had heard when she first arrived in Hell was talking about 'The Radio Demon' and that made her start to think if Alastor was the Radio Demon or if it was just a coincidence. From past experience, and from what her gut was telling her, she didn't think it was a coincidence, and that Alastor was the Radio Demon. 

She sat up in sudden realization. Why had she not picked up on this before? The more she thought about it, the more stupid she felt for not having realized who he was from the start. She mentally screamed at herself because he was coming back over for some tea later. 

She looked at the pocket watch. The time read 12:40. So that gave her just under two hours to think of what to do and not to panic. And it's not like she could just fight him since he was announced as one of the Overlords in Hell. She shivered as she remembered how delightfully exited Katie Killjoy sounded at announcing the bloodbath. 

But then again, this is Hell, so why did this surprise her?

~

AN: Hey very sorry this took a while to come out, been stuck on the fight scene heh. The next chapters will come out quicker than this one I guarantee that. Hey do you have Hazbin Hotel Amino? Because I would love to see if it is possible to get most of my parts featured. part 1 and 2 have already. So go find it and help me out!