4) Why Me?

You paced around your room. How could you be so blind. It was clearly obvious that he was the Radio Demon from the start. You were both confused and mad at yourself as to how you had missed it. The signs were all there too! The way he spoke sounded like he was talking through a radio, the radio static that was heard when he was near…

You screamed at yourself before attempting to calm yourself down. Maybe you hadn’t realised because you had died and woke up in Hell for crying out loud. That wasn’t exactly considered normal either. What to do… Attempt to murder him possibly? No, that would result in you being killed. You stopped and wondered, if you already died once on Earth, what happened if you were killed in Hell like those three idiots earlier? Was there another place, or did you just stop existing full stop? You made a mental note to ask someone about how this place worked since it was confusing once you really started to think about it. You really needed to ask someone when you got the chance. If you got the chance that was, and that you were potentially not killed by the Radio Demon.

You pulled the pocket watch he had given to you from your pocket, flipping it open and glancing at the time. It was 1:42. Fuck, less than 50 minutes before he got here.

You jumped as someone knocked at the door. Second time today. It probably wasn’t another Overlord of Hell, but you didn’t trust whoever was at the door. And that mistake earlier made you end up having tea with the Radio Demon. Yet you sighed, slipping the pocket watch back in your pocket, grabbed the still bloodstained kitchen knife from the table and approached the door silently.

You looked through the peephole and boy you were happy to see a familiar face.

It was Morgana, the Circus Master Demon. The only being that seemed to not want to kill you.

You unlocked the door and opened it, slipping the knife under your coat. You looked up at her with a confused expression.

“How d’ya know I was here?” You asked her, raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

“I saw you come into the building when I was looking through the window, and I heard the owner talk to you. I’m on the floor above you, and the walls are pretty thin.” She chuckled with a smirk before her expression hardened. “Why were you talking with the Radio Demon? I felt his presence even before he entered the building. And why in the name of the nine circles were you actually socialising with him?”

Morgana’s tone had become cold, almost accusing as she questioned you. She was about to continue before you decided to cut her off and explain yourself and your motives.

“First of all, I died like four hours ago. I just arrived in Hell. Secondly, I only heard the report on the radio. How was I meant to know what he looked like? And thirdly, I’ve been here a few hours. You’ve been here well over two centuries. You know your way around here way better than I do.” You paused, wondering if there was anything else you could add to prove your point, glaring back as you made your points. “Oh, and not to mention I realise how dumb I was to not have figured out who he was. Only just figured it out a few minutes ago.”

“Eh, fair enough. Either way [Y/N], you are royally fucked. Whenever an overlord shows interest in a demon that isn’t nearly as powerful as them, it’s for two reasons. One, they have something that they want. Or, two, they have something against you. Oh, and potentially three, they think you are annoying and want to kill you for the sheer pleasure.”

You listened to Morgana, motioning for her to sit on the bed while you sat against the wall, on the floor. The other demon noded in thanks as she sat down. She kept her gaze on you, observing you closely.

“I can see your point… But why are you here anyway? Why did you explain to me earlier? Why be so kind to me and not some other poor soul who has ended up in Hell for something as minimal as he just cheated against his wife?” You continued to question, intrigued by what fueled her motives.

“You seem different in a way. You’ve got a sort of aura about you. I don’t mean world changing, but you seem somewhat stronger than most souls after a few hours of being here. It’s curious.” She laughed lightly. “I had a similar sense to you, which led to people showing an interest in me. Luckily for me, I wasn’t noticed by those higher in power. But I didn’t have anyone to explain this to me, so I want to help.”

So the two of you spent the next forty minutes talking to each other. Over that period of time you had learnt more about Morgana’s past, how come she thought you seemed a tad different to others and how the power worked, how Hell worked, and most importantly, what to do with the most concerning matter, the Radio Demon coming for tea.

Morgana had explained how she was born in the late 1780’s, around 1789. She had grown up in the streets of London as an orphan from a young age. She joined a circus at the age of 8, and learnt to become a trapeze artist. She had become the Circus Master at the age of 19, when she had become one of the artists who had been in the circus the longest when the original had died. What led her to go to Hell was when one of her tightrope walkers was pushed from the rope on purpose by her partner, who had grown sick and tired of her moaning about the cold and hunger. Morgana had decided to take action and bring the dead tightrope walker justice, and murdered her partner. What was originally deemed a murder eventually turned into a murder suicide as she took her own life shortly after, unable to handle the thought of what she had just done and the charges she would be faced with. She killed herself in 1811, at the age of 22.

She then explained that it seemed some mortal souls seemed to harness extra strength. Although, it wasn’t specifically known why this happened. Reason for this was that Hell was pretty much anarchy, and there wasn’t people who wanted to research this. It was just brushed off as luck. But Morgana had been trying to find out how this happened for the past fifty years. Yet so far she had no success since she hadn’t found anyone willing to help her with this. Either they didn’t want to help, or they had been erased. You were the first she had found that was willing to help you out. How she’d survived for so long was down to the fact she had grown up in the streets and knew how to defend herself. So as for now, you didn’t have an explanation as to why you had that difference.

You learnt that Hell worked like on Earth pretty much, just more chaotic and disorganised. There wasn’t any proper government so to speak, but the Overlords were considered the most dangerous in Hell. And then you have the Magne family. You had to respect them, because they could have you erased for just being in the wrong place or if you look at them in the wrong way. On top of that, you had the celebrities and famous people, but no real government.

And finally, what you were meant to do about the Radio Demon… Well… the two of you were unable to think of anything to do to potentially get you out of this situation. The best you could think of was be polite and don't do anything to that could potentially anger him. You needed to see what he wanted first before you assumed anything.

Morgana made a hasty leave when the two of you sensed his presence grow near in the area. She promised she would return later. All you could do now is hope for the best in those agonising few moments before you knew he would be here.

You nearly jumped out of your skin when you heard that familiar knock at the door. You took a deep breath, walking to the door, before opening the door to look up at the Radio Demon standing there with that big smile.

“Hello Miss [Y/N]. Good to see you again.” He held his hand out.

You shook it out of politeness before standing aside to let him in.

[AN: Sorry it's been a while, I promise I have been working on this and I thought I'd leave you on a cliffhanger this time hehe~]