ᴾᴿᴼᴸᴼᴳᵁᴱ

ᵀᴴᴱ ᴾᴿᴼᴸᴼᴳᵁᴱ

    ▸

The rain made a calming noise enter the Kennedy Household. The only noise aside from the rain was laughter, a happy family sat at a dinner table with smiles on their faces.

Sitting next to her step-brother was Cora Kennedy, though happy to be there she felt out of place.

Cora felt as though something wasn't right. It was, Mom, David, and her step-siblings. All smiling while they ate and recalled their days. Still, everything was so wrong.

The lights were dimmed─ yet it seemed so bright, the air had a hazey finish to it, and there was it was oddly warm.

Cora's smile slowly slipped away as a pit fell in her stomach and a grimace took place of her smile. Then─ the screams.

Cora fell to the floor and grasp her ears in agony.

A gasp left Cora's mouth as she scared awake. Eyes wide and staring up at her ceiling, her eyes slowly trailing to her poster covered walls.

Confusion blanketed her for a moment, her eyes trying to recognize where she was. She knew.

A dreadful sigh escaped from between her pink lips. She lightly pushed herself off of the bed, letting out a small grunt when she tumbled onto the floor.

She stared nimbly at the roof with hatred, her tailbone aching. Yet she slowly sat up, ignoring her now pounding headache.

Clenching her jaw in pain she got to her feet and walked towards her closet to grab her uniform.

Cora walked down the halls of King's Dominion with purpose. Two students steering close behind her, she hated to be rude but her final answer had been no.

Marìa and Saya trailed behind the angry, dark haired woman in hopes of her changing her mind.

Cora was usually a nice person, one of the rare things at KD, but the two girls were getting on her nerves.

"I said no." Cora grumbled to the two women. They were on either side of her and giving puppy-dog eyes.

"Please!" Came the strong accent that belonged to Maria Salazar.

Cora had her eyes squeezed shut as she let out a sigh, she looked over at the smallest of the three as she stared at Marìa and herself perplexed.

"Fine. But I get most of the credit, I know how much this means to Saya." Both of the girl hollared in excitement.

Marìa gripped Cora's arm tightly and dragged her off to Saya and her shared bedroom.

"His name is Marcus Lopez Arguello," Marìa raises two perfect eyebrows as she shoved Cora into the cramped room. "Sound familiar, no?"

Cora shook her head lightly and furrowed her brows, "No, who is he?"

Marìa gaped at her as she moved in front of a mirror to put together her Dia de Los Muertos attire. "He was the kid who burned down the boys house a while ago, chica."

Cora nodded slowly as she plopped down on Saya's bed and stared at her roof. "I remember, little psycho, yeah?"

Marìa nodded as she turned towards Cora and expanded her bladed-fans. "Now, lets go boy hunting."

    ▸

not edited.