ᶠᴼᵁᴿ

ᵀᴴᴱ ᶠᴼᵁᴿᵀᴴ ᶜᴴᴬᴾᵀᴱᴿ

   --

Marcus had infested the DEATH table with rats, well rat. His bestest friend Billy decided to come sit with them. Cora didn't hate Billy nor did she care for a reputation but today she had other reasons for not caring about either.

She would happily let Billy join her any day but she, regrettably, needed to seem tough. Cora happened to notice a few parents (like the spies and all that good shit) watching their children train. One in particular, Maltania Allatrovia.  Maltania was a spy who was well known for killing many great leaders in the fifties.

Now she was retired and has a family that she hopes her daughter will soon take over. Too bad Aaliyah Maltania-Dietrich did not want to fulfill that legacy, so Cora still had a chance.

Maybe she seemed like a vulture but with no contacts in this business how would she because a successful assassin?

If anybody ruined her chances at becoming something so amazing, she would probably stab them over, and over, and over. Till they were bleeding out of every single pore.

Cora's plan was to act extra tough and rude, then wait till the next hand-to-hand combat class totally kick anybody's ass in front of every single assassin or spy she could, do a dramatic hair flip, and maybe take a high paying job as a hit woman.

Okay, so maybe not.

Cora rolled her eyes and let out a loud huff at Billy's ever so growing annoying voice.

"I think Chico's got a crush on you." Billy muttered loudly to Marcus as he gulps down a milk carton."Or he wants to kill you. Probably kill."

Cora shifted her eyes over to the Soto Vatos' table at the same time as Marcus. The boy seemed a little nervous about the cartel leader so to lighten the mood, Cora sent Chico a wave.

Chico gave a nod of his head in her acknowledgment before glaring at Marcus and muttering something to one of his buddies.

Billy lifted his almost empty milk carton and shook it, showing off the missing person on the back of it.  "Tomorrow this could be you, famous!"

Marcus let out a scoff, "Fuck that guy,"

"Language." Cora added as she took a bite out of her apple.

"He pushed a girl!" Marcus continued, totally ignoring Cora. "What's his deal anyway?"

Cora has way better things to do, like get started on her assignment for AP Dark Arts. She had a target, a reason, and a way. All Cora needed was time to put her plan into action.

"Chico is cartel─"

  "Numbero uno on campus." Billy cut in as he finished the last of his milk.

Cora rolled her eyes and placed the core of her apple on the tray and stood. "I would tell you stay out of trouble, but you already found it." Cora grabbed her tray and then flipped the boys off. "Be careful."

Billy turned to continue explaining to Marcus but was stopped when Cora leaned down. "Twenty bucks says he starts shit with Chico before tomorrow." she whispered.

Billy firmly shook her hand and nodded, "I'll take into that action."

    --

Cora eyed her victim as he took a large chomp out of a greasy burger. He was a bigger man, his head free of any hair, and his apartment a mess.

Gregory Carney was a low life. He was freed of all charges to the murder of his wife and daughter last fall. He was guilty and everyone knew it; yet no one did anything.

His wide and child deserves justice for what he has done and Cora was going to bring them justice.

When Cora "hunted" she made she she didn't know the person as forensic counter measure, well that and if she did it wouldn't be such a quick death.

The man of the hour as lying on his couch and smoking a joint, absolutely no worries. Cora was going to have fun with this one.

Cora knocked on the door and proceeded to grin as large as her face would let her. The door was ripped open and Cora held back a grimace as she was punched with the stench of marijuana.

"Hello sir, would you mind if I came in?" Cora scrunched her face up to appear much more innocent.

"What?" The man grumbled in annoyance.

Every man's weakness, "I am hoping to start a business, would you like to try a few samples?" Cora opened a small box that was filled with homemade treats.

Gregory stared at her for a moment but finally gave in when she grabbed another box. "I have free samples?"

"C'mon, don't touch any of my shit." He grunted out as he made his was through his dirty home.

Cora smirked and put both boxes away.

Stepping inside Cora pulled on her gloves, then she slowly closed the front door. "So Gregory," She started as she made her way into his home. "What was it like?"

Cora handed him the box of goods and watched as he took a generous bite out of a cupcake. "What was what like?" He muttered through a mouthful of cake.

Cora glared down at the man and pulled out a dagger, "Hearing the screams of your wife and daughter as they bled out right in front of you, did you enjoy it?"

Though she was smiling, a deadly look lingered in her eyes.

The man started to stumble around as he got dizzy. "I-I, enjoy? Wh-?"

"Did you get off on it? You did─ of course you did! You're a sick sexual sadist, you're worse than me." Cora shoved him onto his nasty couch. "She was three, three. You killed a baby! Your baby!"

Cora grabbed a needle from her bag and showed it to the man, "So now, I'm gonna make you weep like a baby."

-

hiya!

welcome to my books where I write shit.

What's new?

well my spring break was a flop, i got sunburnt so bad it looks like someone took a blowtorch to my forehead and shoulders. yay!

updates for other books as well, so if you read those..... you're welcome??

xo's,

        mazzie