New guy

Percy p.o.v:

Unfortunately, the weekend is over, Monday just knocked down my bedroom door. Never mind, it's actually my mom. I slid out of my bed and looked in the mirror. I was not in the mood for school. But I managed to get cleaned and dressed.

"Percy! You are going to be late!" My mom yelled and instantly left.

Why was I always late? My motivation was running on an all-time low. I would probably have to face Rachel today, thinking of her my motivation officially reached zero. I put on my hoodie and closed the door to my room behind me.

I sat down at the table, Paul sat opposite of me. My mom was on the beloved family couch, watching television and enjoying her breakfast. I looked at the food on the table and decided to buy something to eat later, I had no appetite whatsoever.

"You want to carpool? Or do you have plans after school?" Paul stood up, he was wearing a red sweater on top of a pink blouse, he matched them with light brown trousers.

Did it go together? I don't really know, it's not my style anyway. And I was wearing black jeans, a black shirt, and a black hoodie. So yes, not really my area of expertise. I was lost in thoughts, Paul kindly brought me back to the world of the living.

"You can just say no?" He said uncertainly.

"I'm sorry, I was just thinking." I answered apologetically.

"Oh, so what's your answer Percy." Paul said over his shoulder as he grabbed his black overcoat, now that was more like it.

"Can't, I have something to do after school." I answered as I stood up.

"Alright! Have a nice day!" Paul said before he closed the door behind him.

I walked over to my coat and put it on, coincidentally it was also black. I went to grab my shoes when I realized that they were black as well. Oh boy, was I having a phase or something? I shrugged my shoulders and put on my shoes.

"Bye mom!" I shouted, I could hear her faintly before I closed the door behind me.

I walked over to my car and started it, when it came to my attention that I was already late I decided to take my time. I waited for the engine to warm up and then I drove off slowly. If I was coming late, might as well take my time while doing it.

I arrived at Goode nearly half an hour too late. I parked my car in the massive parking lot in front of the school and walked to class. On my way there I stopped by the dark blue lockers and dropped off my stuff.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door of my class. I waited for two seconds and opened the door. The class was working in pairs, everybody was concentrating on their tasks. Fortunately, the teacher hadn't noticed me coming in. He too was concentrating on his tasks, which now were two girls who seemed to have a problem with each other.

I sneaked in and sat at the back, there was no one else left, which of course meant that I couldn't do the exercise. I looked around the classroom, which happened to be decorated with posters about the English language. And an odd poster of Romeo and Juliet having some kind of 'interaction'. Luckily, they were covered in what seemed to be a velvet blanket.

"Ah, Percy Jackson. Enjoying the view, are we?" The teacher, Mr. Brunner, laughed.

He saw that I was trying to explain myself, but failed miserably. He rolled forward in his wheelchair and smiled. I had always liked Mr. Brunner, but he always tried to push me to do better in school. Even though I was doing the best I could.

"I'm just joking Percy. But, don't think I hadn't noticed you coming in." He looked at me sternly. "I want to talk to you about that after class."

"For now, just wait till the rest of the class is done with-" He was interrupted by a rush of blonde curled hair.

"Sorry I'm late!" She said loudly.

It was Annabeth, she had walked in so quickly that the whole class switched their attention to her. My tense shoulders finally relaxed, I could almost feel those eyes boring into me.

"Never mind what I said, Percy. Work together with miss Chase on the exercise." He said and rolled his wheelchair back to the two girls he was dealing with earlier.

She sighed and walked over to where I was sitting and sat down. From a closer look, it was evident that she had been rushing, her hair hadn't been brushed completely. Her clothes didn't match at all, the evidence was her socks. One was black, the other was dark blue. Annabeth saw me looking and covered up her socks with her pants.

"So? Why are you late?" She asked me.

"I overslept," I answered. "And you?"

"I had to walk." She sounded tired.

"You have my number, right? I asked her.

She looked at me through squinted eyes, "Yes, why?"

"You could've called me, I can pick you up." I said. However, Annabeth was quick to point out the flaws of my suggestion.

"You truly have seaweed in your brain, don't you? You were late too, so I would still be late." She tried to hide a smile, but she failed.

"I hadn't thought of that." I laughed.

Somehow, my day felt much better. All it had taken was a short talk with Annabeth. I looked at her, she was reading what Mr. Brunner had written on the board. Her irises swirled, like the clouds during a thunderstorm, and as I looked at her I felt like I could get struck by lightning at any moment. Even at moments where her imperfections showed she was perfect. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and turned to look at me.

I had unconsciously moved closer to her when I was 'studying' her. She turned her head and her eyes widened in shock. I quickly leaned back.

"What the hell Percy!" She hissed, trying to keep her voice low.

"I'm sorry, I was distracted." I apologized and looked down.

Annabeth sighed and relaxed in her chair. Not even a second later she tensed up again, she looked like she had seen a ghost. I followed her line of sight and I met that of Rachel. She looked at me angrily, but I ignored her and looked at the person sitting next to her.

A boy, with blondish hair. He had almost the same body type as me. He seemed to be a bit skinnier, and also a bit taller. He turned his face around and revealed a deep pale scar that ran from under his right eye all the way to his chin. He locked eyes with me, his blue eyes startling and mischievous. He stood up and walked over to us.

"Oh shit, no, no, no." Annabeth was freaking out next to me.

"Are you alright?" I asked, but before she answered the sandy-haired boy, now that he was close it was clear, had arrived.

"Hey Annabeth!" His voice was deep, but it had a playful twang to it.

Annabeth's cheeks were red and she was looking down, her hair covered her face from the relatively handsome boy. I was about to talk, but she was quicker than me.

"Hey Luke." Annabeth said and sighed.

It took me a while, like always, but it's here! YAY!

And like always, your comments pushed me to do it! I really enjoy reading what you guys have to say, or think, about the story. So, let me know!

COMMENT!

VOTE!

FOLLOW!

PEACE OUT!