First Date - continued

Percy p.o.v:

I could hear Annabeth's parents talking downstairs. Annabeth had seen them coming and quickly warned me, now she was back downstairs and trying to buy me time. She expected me to leave through the balcony like last time. However, this time around I decided to stick around. Plus, they had probably seen my car out front, twice now and lets be honest, very few people own a baby blue BMW.

"Annabeth! Whose car is that?!?" I could hear Annabeth's stepmother yell.

"I don't know, maybe one of the neighbours?" Annabeth replied.

"Stop lying! None of the neighbours has a baby blue BMW!" Her stepmom said. "Do you think I'm stupid? The same car was here last time and as soon as we arrived it had left too."

Annabeth didn't respond, she seemed at the end of her wits. Meanwhile, I had slowly made my way downstairs. I was one corner away.

"If you don't tell me now, you'll regret it. Where is he?"

"I'm right here." I answered as I turned the corner.

She clearly wasn't expecting that. To be frank, nobody was, both her parents looked at me with, but neither knew what to say.

I walked forward, "You were looking for me?" I stopped in front of Annabeth's stepmom and reached out with my hand. "Percy Jackson, nice to meet you." I firmly shook her hand and continued on to Annabeth's dad.

"Hi, nice to meet you Percy." Annabeth's dad regained his composure. "I'm sorry, but we weren't expecting any visitors."

"Oh well, next time I'll call in before hand and make an appointment, hahaha." I threw in a fake laugh for good measure. I made sure to come across kinda rude.

I took three steps backwards and found myself next to Annabeth. She was probably going to kill me after all this. It would be worth it though, just for the faces that her parents had when I walked out.

"Anyway, I came over today because Annabeth and I are working together on a school assignment. I thought we could work on it here." I wasn't really going to work on an assignment, unless her name was Annabeth, oops.

"Oh and yes, that BMW is mine. You must've missed me last time, because I dropped Annabeth off and stayed in my car for a while." I lied.

"You don't mind me staying, do you?"

Finally, stepmother found her tongue again. She cleared her throat, "No, of course not. You're welcome to stay." She smiled.

Annabeth looked shocked, but she quickly changed her posture and became more relaxed.

"Alright then, thanks!" I joyfully said. "Shall we go back to the assignment?" I winked.

Annabeth smiled and nodded. We walked upstairs and as soon as we got to her room, she locked the door behind us.

"Percy!!!" She whisper shouted.

"What?" I grinned.

"Thank you!" She smiled and crashed into me with a hug. "Nobody's ever put her in her place like that."

"I don't even know what she was expecting to do when she found me. Did she expect some wimp? I don't like to get kicked around." I said.

"I don't know, she'd probably shout at you and tell you to get out." Annabeth said as she looked up at me.

"Hmpf. I didn't get you into to trouble, did I?" I asked.

"I don't know, I hope not." Annabeth answered. "Anyway, what are we gonna do now?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, there is no assignment."

"Oh, I don't know, whatever you want." I said.

"Uhm, you wanna see old pictures of me?"

"Is that even a question? Yes!"

---------------------------

Annabeth's pictures were extremely cute, we spent more than an hour looking through her old pictures. I promised that next time it was my turn. For the rest of the time we sat on her bed, talking about school and life. We were still talking when Annabeth's dad called her name.

"Annabeth?" His voice came from behind the door.

"It's getting late, I think it's time for Percy to go home." He didn't sound angry, he sounded actually genuine.

"Okay dad, he's leaving in a few minutes." Annabeth answered.

"Time to go." I said as I got up from the bed.

"Hey! Come here." Annabeth said with her arms open. "Thanks for everything. It was fun going out with you, we should do it again." Annabeth came in for a hug.

"Are we like dating right now? Thats super cool!" I said in a Rachel type voice.

Annabeth laughed as she hugged me tightly. She let go of me and I unlocked the bedroom door.

"Bye Annabeth, see you tomorrow!"

"Bye Percy."

When I got downstairs I found the rest of the family sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Goodnight!" I casually waved my hand as I walked past them.

"Goodnight!" Came the only answer, from Mr. Chase.

Normally, I am a very respectful person, but sometimes its not necessary to be respectful. This was one of those times. That's why I was acting a little rude.

I closed the front door behind me, I unlocked my car from a distance. I finally sat down in my trusty car and started the engine.

I was already looking forward to my next date with Annabeth.

Here ya go!

Comment!

Vote!

Follow!