Chapter 14

"Guys can you believe it?"
Gage and Brent look over. "Believe what?"
"We only have this year and then we're off to college. That's insane"
"Well i mean not really. We've been looking at colleges and getting scholarship offers everyday now. Ohio state just offered me a full ride scholarship."gage says with a way too casual shrug, " I mean I think its cool and all but I'm gonna pass."
"Why would you do that?" bernt says. " that's awesome! Full rides don't come around everyday. I'm signing with university of  Greater Washington. Their university is great and the team is even better. They're covering half of the tuition costs."  "that's great i'm so happy for both of you!" i exclaim.
    I've gotten four offers and of course I'll accept if i have to but i don't really like any other the schools that have offered me scholarships . I have wanted to go to University of Oregon for as long as i can remember. Their football team is absolutely amazing and not to mention all of the amazing college courses they offer for chemistry majors. They have an amazing program. But Cleveland State has the best engineering  program around and if i really want to be a chemical engineer that's definitely the best option, but Oregon is my best option football wise so to be honest i'm torn. I hear a thump and turn around to see gage on the ground gasping for air through his laughs and brent sitting on the ground rubbing his butt. "You just flew bro! it wasn't even a regular like im gonna fall ha! no it was like you threw yourself back! Oh, that was good!" I laugh what a good example of comic relief.

    I'm nervous about our first game of the season we have two days left and the team is struggling. The offensive line is weak because they can't seem to agree on how to execute the plays and the defensive linemen don't block the plays to save their lives; i don't know how they're gonna be able to block plays when they don't know what they are. Honestly we need to have a pep talk this is getting ridiculous. Obviously dance around the topic of how they are not working cohesively at all isn't working so direct and to the point. I wish they would snap into it. It seemed like last year we all just snapped into place. This year we all have to work harder to get back to the way it was last year the people who moved up from jv still feel like the under dogs and just aren't stepping up; they wait to be told what to do instead of finding out what they need to get done on their own.