Chapter 5 Tell Him

( If you read chapter 4 before this chapter was published please go back and read it. Wattpad deleted nearly half of that chapter and I didn't notice when I posted it. The reason this is out late is also because it was deleted for some unknown reason when I had around 1,800 words. )

Papyrus .P.O.V

I went to the kitchen to get a cup of water. I had mostly calmed down by now. I got way to worked up about that. Her smile was cute though. My face slightly heats up again. I shake my head to get rid of the thought.

"*Sigh*. I'll clean that up later." I heard the voice although it was no more than a whisper. I couldn't tell who said it. Maybe Sans was finally procrastinating. Might do him some good to be a bit lazy for once.

"Oh! P- Papyrus I-I'm so sorry. I was just trying to get... Something to... I mean to..." Y/N keep trailing off. For a moment I wished the entrance to the kitchen wasn't behind me so I could've seen her come in. I turn around and it felt like my soul started cracking. Y/N was unmoving, if I didn't know anything about humans I would've sworn she wasn't breathing.

Her sleeve was rolled up and blood coated her wrist. Small trickles of blood were even dripping from her S/t hand onto the floor. Her E/c eyes even seemed slightly duller looking than when I left.

( E/c = eye color S/t = skin tone )

"My bad. I'll clean this all up."

"E X P L I N A T I O N. N O W."

Her gaze barely faltered. She walked to get some paper towels. She never once meet my eyes when walking. As soon as she got some paper towels she left to clean up blood. The blood that was beginning to stain the couch and some of the floor. I stop Y/N. I hold onto her arm. She winces from pain. I pull her to my chest and look down at her. ( I see underswap Papyrus as really tall so if you are tall I'm not trying to be mean. ) It didn't feal like I was looking down at her. I saw her a more of an equal.

"Please tell me, why did you do that?"

She backs away from me. She averts her eyes. Her eyes were glued to her feet as she pulled up her other sleeve. I let out a small gasp in horror as I see her right arm covered in cuts aswell. "I'm sorry, Papyrus, it's a bit personal and it would bore you."

"Please, please tell me."

So she did, she burst into a rambling mess about her whole life. Her parents, her sister, her life in total. It pained me how much she went through. It made me feal guilty that I was even upset with how she treated herself. I may not like what she did to her body, but with her past she had every right to everything she had done since I've met her.

"A-and the reason I had the alcohol was not to drink it, but to earn money off of it." Tears pin pricked the corners of Y/N's eyes threatening to fall. "I had no other way to support Avery and I without our parents help. My dad was almost always drunk, as I already mentioned, and he had beer and liquor stached away in his room. For safety reason I stole the drinks, did research and tried to get a refund from the place." The tears fell, "I never left one of those joints without trouble. Most of the time it was just some sort of lewd comment or mean phrases about me. Sometimes I nearly had to fight some psycho drunks."

My eyelights went dark some people did that kind of crap to her when they didn't know her. One name kept ringing in my head, Avery. Then it struck me. I ran out of the room before Y/N could stop me. I came down shortly with a couple of letters. I gave one to her which she opened the envelope only to have a waterfall of tears gush down her face. "T- that's
A-Avery's handwriting."

I started to explain, "One day I went to the ruins to catch a glimpse of sunlight when I saw letters. They talked about a family similar to yours and each letter said it was from somebody named Avery. Every week at the same time I would come by to find another message. They talked about this little girl's life, her school, her friends, but there was never one that didn't talk about someone named Y/N. They always talked about how cool that person was and some of their... questionable habits. Now that I think about it, it all adds up. You are the Y/N she was talking about."