The Lucky One (A Niall Horan fan fic)

Chapter 1: Starbucks

Adriana's P.O.V

"Hi Lucy!" I said, as I saw the blonde haired girl behind the counter at Starbucks, with my usual Mocha Cookie Crumble frappuccino waiting for me at the counter as usual. I cut in front of the people waiting and made my way to her. "Did I ever tell you what an amazing friend you are?" 

"It's AMAZAYN! And yes, you are very welcome!" Lucy had One Direction Infection and was constantly trying to rub off her crazy ways on me. 

I slapped down a ten dollar bill. "For the vacation fund. Remember we wanted to go to Paris this year."

"Maybe we can go in ten years, when I stop shopping!" All of a sudden Lucy leaned over the counter and  whipsered excitedly, "I have something to tell you! I'm so freaking out right now I'm ready to flip!" She gave puppy dog eyes to her manager and asked for a five minute break. He gave in and Lucy pulled me to a table in the corner.   

"You will not believe who came in today!!!!!!!!! It was ELEANOR CALDER!"

"Who?" I asked. Lucy always got excited when even a minor celebrity came in for coffee. 

"ELEANOR FREAKIN' CALDER! Do you live under a rock Adriana? She is Louis Tomlinson"s girlfriend! You know who Louis Tomlinson is right? From One Direction? The one who wears stripes!  Adrianaaaaaaaa! I thought you memorized their name last time you came over!"

"Sorry." I said. "My life does not revolve around these boys!"

"Apparently she came in all of last week, while I was gone. At exact 10:30! Now I will eventually work up the nerve to talk to her. And then she will introduce me to the boys and then I'll get them to fall in love with me, and then I will have 5 One Direction babies, and then---" 

'Ok, Lucy. You don't need to tell me your whole life plan. I have to get to class." Just then the door opened and a woman with wavy hair and aviator sunglasses walked in. I heard Lucy squeal as she ran up to the counter. She pushed one of the other junoir employees away from the register and chirped, "Hello Miss Calder! How can I help you?" 

Eleanor looked a little taken back that Lucy knew her name, but she answered, "That special latte you made me was delicious. I came back for another." 

While Eleanor orderedI rushed to leave, giving Lucy a little wave that I doubted she saw considering she was so caught up on pleasing Eleanor. I was already late for class so I hurried to the bus stop and reached into my pocket for my wallet whenI realized it wasnt there. I figured that must've left it back at Starbucks , so I ran the three blocks back. I opened the door hastily and I sprinted up to Lucy. "Have you seen my wallet?!?"

"Oh is this your wallet?" a young woman piped up. "I saw it at the table over there." She pointing at the table in the corner where I have been sitting. 

"Thank you!" I exclaimed.

 "Oh sorry I forgot to intruduce my self. I'm Eleanor. Nice too meet you, and your name is?"

"Adriana." I said as she gave me my wallet. "Well better get going, I'm late! Nice meeting you Eleanor, and thank you again for finding my wallet." 

"Bye Adriana. Hope to see you again soon." she said.

Lucy's P.O.V

I had seen Eleanor Calder all week at Starbucks, and eventually we had started talking and getting to know each other. On Friday she came up to me and said, "Would you like to come to my party this weekend. The address is on the invite."

I was without words. A semi-famous person just invited me to their party. "Y-yes! Of course! Thanks Eleanor!"

When I got home, thoughts of the days flooded my mind.

OMG I just got invited to Eleanor's party!!!!! Should I tell Adriana? I think I should. I ran to the side of my bed and grabbed my phone. I pressed Adriana's contact, after the third ring she picked up. "Hi Adriana!!!!! Guess what, I have been invited to Eleanor's party!!!!!!" 

"Wow... calm down Lucy. It's just a party."  

 "NOO!! IT'S NOT JUST A PARTY, ITS ELEAOR'S PARTAY!!!! You have to come with me!"

"Uh.. I don't know if that will be okay with Eleanor."

 "Let me ask her, call you back later ok Adri? Talk to you later.

"Okay, bye Luce tell me the news later."

With that I hung up. Time to call Eleanor. Did I tell you we exchanged numbers in starbucks? Well we did. I still can't belive I know a semi-famous person!