Chapter 2: Broken TV And MISSING Puppy

"So, how was it?" "You already know we video chatted like every day," Penny replied. "I know, I know but I want you to tell me again!" I screeched.

"Would you to zip it over there! I'm going to the store anyone want to come?" Josh asked."Sure I'll go," Said Penny standing up, but I quickly grabbed her arm.

"What I thought you were going to hang out with me," "I will when I come back," "Bye," Replied Penny. "Bye," I said.I knew Josh and Penny wouldn't be back anytime soon so I made some popcorn and put on a movie.

I was texting Mark back and forth throughout the movie trying to plan another date since I practically ditched the last one.

You: How bout Friday?

Mark: Practice.

You: Saturday?

Mark: Maybe.

You: ok I'm sorry for last night...

Mark: No it's fine ur friend was coming home, I understand.

You: thxks, but I still feel bad...

Mark: I'm sorry can I ttyl coach is calling me out.

You: sure.

You: Bye

Mark: bye.

I huddled under my blanket watching Benji on Netflix and getting popcorn stuck in between my teeth and in between the couch cushions.

(BEEP BEEP) is Josh and Penny home I ask myself. I get up to look out the window and long behold Josh is walking over to the building I sit back down and wait for him to come in.

Then I noticed the TV static. "Ugh!" I yell. I go over to the TV and pull it out from the wall. None of the cords are loose. I start jiggling them around, right when Josh walks in.

From his view he walks in and sees my butt poking out from behind the TV. So naturally he asks, "What are you doing?" "Oh hey, the TV won't work.""Uh oh, you sure it isn't just Netflix?" He said putting his keys down.

I stood up. "How'd you know I was watching Netflix?" "You always watch Netflix when I'm gone." "True. Where is Penny?""Waiting for me at the store," "What happened?" I asked.

"She wanted to buy something, I had enough for groceries and she forgot her billfold so I came here to get it.""You don't happen to know where it is. Do you?" "Top drawer dresser." I said.

He walked back and I fiddled some more with the cords."Okay got it." Bye!" He said. "Bye," I sighed. And Josh went out the door. "Ugh!" I yelled.

The problem must be outside.I went outside to the cable box and, "What the heck?!" The wires were cut. It wasn't like it was a sketchy neighborhood or anything.I knew something was up, but I just ignored it. I shouldn't have.

***

Later that night I woke up to the car accident. The one Josh and I got into a few years ago. I was walking around and I saw the deer we hit. It was the butchered deer.

Suddenly I was inside of Mr. Zac's room. The butchered deer was on his bed. My stomach turned and I scrunched my face at the ghastly smell.

Holding my hand over my nose I walked into the hallway only to see Mr. Zac's body. I felt like gagging and I swear I was on the verge of vomiting. Blocking the image out, I walked into the study. I went over to the closet and opened it.

There was Penny tied up with tape over her mouth.I reached over and pulled it off. "Help me," She cried, her cheeks stained with tears.

(Woof woof)I jerked awake and yelled "That stupid dog!" I said looking at my clock "4 am" "just like clockwork." I wiped my eyes and then got up to take my pills.

Washing off the cup it was still dark outside. Penny and Josh were still asleep, the TV's broken and not even coffee shops were open at this hour.

Having nothing to do I sat down on the couch, picked up my phone and started checking my messages.

Noel: OMG!!!

Noel: HES GONE!!

Noel: I CAN'T FIND HIM!!

(3 missed calls from "Noel")

Noel: PICK UP!!

(Noel is a girl Josh dated before he got with Penny. And in the process she and I became BFFS.)

You: OMG what's up!!

Noel: HES GONE!!

You: who's he?

Noel: Yulu!

You: Your dog?!

Noel: Uh duh!!

You: how long have you been up?

Noel: since 2.

You: 2?!

You: I'm on my way.

(Yulu is Noel's Yorkie puppy. She obsessed with him.At least now I have something to do.)

***

Soon I was at Noel's house helping her print MISSING flyers "Okay so just type out missing Yorkshire terrier puppy with pink collar. Last seen may 28th 2018 and answers to the name Yulu and add his picture" I instructed.

"What if people just walk past them like I do?!""They're not going to just walk past them." I replied trying to calm her. "Okay," She said standing up. "Let's go put them around town."

"Can I just stay here while you do that?" "What?" She asked with a confused look on her face. "I took my pills this morning and their actually working for a change.

"Can I just sleep on your couch?" "Sure," She replied. "Get some rest."I lied down on the couch and fell asleep.