17/The New Enemy-- Rikaru

NEW MONSTERS ARE COMING AT US! Please help us... I guess Boemb wasn't very advanced, because these monsters are even worse! In the name of the moon, new robotic engineer all-star mastermind, I will punish you!

--CHIKA

Celeste's steps shook the palace. "Try stepping lighter," Rikaru said politely.

"You try being quieter," said Celeste in a harsh tone of voice. "Why, WHY would you let Boemb die like that!?"

"Celeste-Sama, she went on her own! How was I to know?" Celeste slapped Rikaru in the face, so hard that her handprint would stick on Rikaru's skin forever.

"OW!" 

"Create a valuable monster. Or else!" Celeste disappeared.

Rikaru sighed in frustration and got up. "Fine. Boemb, your monsters were a complete disgrace. I'll be the one to make sure that doesn't happen again.

"Mr. Takushi!" Rikaru called. A monster with the appearance of a handsome young man appeared. 

"M'lady."

"Mr. Takushi, thank you for coming. I'd like for you to eliminate those Sailor Soldiers, so that our mission to revive Mari can succeed," Rikaru instructed him. "Yes, m'lady." Mr. Takushi whisked himself away.

"Hmph. I'll show you, Celeste."

Meanwhile, Chika's thoughts the entire week centered only around the volleyball team.

"You-chan! I don't know what to do. Should I try out?" You nodded with uncertainty. "Well, have you ever played volleyball?"

"Um.. uh.... no. But, how hard can it be?"

You briefly went to the back of her house, and then returned to Chika, volleyball in hand. "Let's play." "Challenge accepted!"

You set up a net, and went to one side. Chika followed her. "No, no, Chika-chan. You're supposed to verse me."

"Oh, oops!" Chika went to the other side. "Bring it on."

You threw the ball in the air, releasing a clean serve. Chika attempted to bump, making the ball bounce off You's house. You sighed. "If you're gonna make this team, you're gonna have to train even more!"

"Got it! This is fun."

The day after, Chika's confidence soared. "I feel like I've improved a lot at volleyball," she said to Riko and You as they ate lunch. 

Riko took a little piece from her bento. "You-chan, how'd she do yesterday?" You laughed and jokingly said, "God forbid." The three of them laughed.

"Riko-chan, why aren't you trying out?" Chika asked with enthusiasm. "Sports aren't really my thing," she answered, "I'm more into art.

"Plus we have, you know, monsters," Riko said the last word with a slight whisper.

Kanan and Yoshiko sat at their table. "What's this I hear about a volleyball team?" Kanan asked. "Oh, Chika-chan and I are trying out," said You.

"Perfect. Yoshiko-san here is trying out as well."

"Yohane!"

"Yeah, Yohane. Anyways, I'm gonna be one of the instructors there. Can't wait to see you all!" Kanan left, and Yoshiko made herself comfortable at the table.

"Y'know, little demons, I am very good at volleyball. I just hope no monster kills our game."

"That Boemb thing is dead," You remarked, "I doubt much will happen."

Riko got up to throw out her can. "I wonder if Hanamaru and Ruby-chan are trying out?"

"Probably not. They're both very shy."