Okoykrie/Okoye x Valkyrie #1

Okoye's POV

 Thor arrived in Wakanda recently with a few Asgardians who survived the snap. One of them happens to be the famous Valkyrie. She was one of the fiercest warriors in Asgard. Their kingdom was sadly destroyed during the period of Raganarok which was before the snap. None of us are high in spirits right now but we just keep telling ourselves that we'll find a way to reverse this nightmare. T'Challa disappeared to dust right in front of me so the throne is empty. Shuri should be ruling in his place but she has yet to be located, hence she's on the missing people's list. T'Challa and Shuri's mother is also on that list as well. It's neither confirmed or denied as of yet whether or not they dusted to ash after the snap.

    I took over as temporary ruler of Wakanda in addition to being the leader of the Dora Milaje. The remaining warriors are constantly looking to me for guidance and while it's a little flattering, it's mainly overwhelming. T'Challa should be ruling his kingdom, not me. Valkyrie has actually been keeping me company of all people. Thor and her usually hang out but he's taken a strong liking to Rocket or the talking Raccoon as I often refer to him as. He's the smartest animal I've ever met though. If Shuri were here, she'd probably rush him off to her lab to run a few experiments on him, well with his consent that is.

      Valkyrie and I are on guard duty in the largest control tower keeping tabs on everything down below. "Valkyrie, have you talked to Thor lately?" She sighs and takes a sip of Bourbon. She downs alcohol like candy. "No I haven't. He's been very distant with everyone except for Rocket and Bruce." I elbow her playfully. "Have the two of them gotten together yet?" She raises an eyebrow. "Rocket and Thor? That would be the world's strangest couple." I roll my eyes at her. "No, Thor and Bruce. Given their little moments they had together in Sakaar, I figured they'd be a couple by now." "No, they aren't a couple but I can tell both of them are indeed gay for one another, it's just a matter of both of them coming out of the closet."

      "Valkyrie, I really do admire your bluntness. I'm blunt at times but not all of the time. I could learn a thing or two from you." She offers me a sip of Bourbon. I hesitantly take a sip. It's quite bitter as it goes down my throat but I get used to the taste, taking a larger sip before handing the bottle back to her. "I know alcohol won't bring everyone else back but it's a nice temporary escape from this terrible reality." She nods in agreement. "Okoye, how long do you think it will take to bring everyone back?" I shrug my shoulders. "It could take days, months, or even years. We may not even find a solution. All we can do is stay dedicated towards finding a solution and do our best not to lose hope."

         Valkyrie takes me by surprise and grabs a hold of my hand, holding it in hears gently. She strokes it before bringing it to her lips, kissing it tenderly. I look at her in shock but I don't pull away either. "Be my girlfriend Okoye." The heat rushes to my face but due to my dark complexion, my blush doesn't show as much as it does on some people. "O-Okay." She smirks at my stutter and now I have a girlfriend. Swell. 

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! This is my last update until Thursday due to two early overtime shifts tomorrow and Wednesday. :) -Mary