ScarletStrange #1

ScarletStrange #1

Wanda's POV

 I recently met Stephen Strange at an Avengers meeting held right here in HQ. He's a master sorcerer and has abilities quite similar to mine. Although his powers don't derive from the mind stone, they're just as fascinating as mine. I think Vision is jealous of me spending a lot of time with Stephen. I love Vision dearly but I don't have romantic feelings for him. I can tell he has a crush on me. Part of me wants to call him out on it but the other part of me doesn't want to embarrass him like that. He's my best friend and closest ally on this team. I don't want to do anything to ruin that. Maybe his feelings for me will fade over time.

   Stephen is about twenty years older than me. I've never liked an older man so much before. I really admire him in many different aspects. As I get to know him more, the feelings increase. He's like a drug I can't get enough of. We're currently in a training room at HQ training together before we have to attend yet another meeting. Stephen moves closer to me, wrapping his arms around my waist as the two of us summon an orb together. I manage to do so on the second try and I'm speechless. The beauty of it astonishes me. "Stephen, it's beautiful." He smiles. "It is isn't, just like you." I blush like a tomato as Vision walks in on us. He glares a bit at how close Stephen is to me. "Am I interrupting a moment here?"

     Stephen scoffs. "Actually yes Vision, you were. I happen to have a thing for Wanda and was about to ask her out. You walking in did indeed interrupt a moment." I stand there sheepishly not knowing what to say to either one of them. A take a deep breath and force myself to look Vision in the eyes. "Vision, you're my best friend. I love you dearly but not in the way that you seem to love me. You have a crush on me right?" He sighs. "I do indeed Wanda. I wish you felt the same about me as I do about you but I can't force to reciprocate those feelings for me. I'll leave you and Stephen be. We're okay, I just need a little bit of time to get over this crush is all." I watch him walk away and feel a small tinge in my heart. I don't like hurting people's feelings. 

      Stephen wraps an arm around me. "I have to say he handled it like a champ. I do believe he'll be okay. He's a good being and I'm glad you have a friend and ally like him on the team. As for what I was going to ask you, I'd like to ask you properly this time. Wanda, will you do the honor of being my girlfriend? I happen to have a massive crush on you and I'm sensing that you feel the same way about me. There's a vibe." I laugh. "There's a vibe? You're a wizard and that's the best word phrasing you could come up with?" He blushes and laughs. "It was lame I know. Hey that should be our ship name, the Witch and the Wizard. It has a nice ring to it." I grin at him. "I hate to agree with you on that but it does have a nice ring to it. The answer to your question by the way is yes. I'd like to be your girlfriend Stephen." 

        The two of us continue to train happily and announce our newfound romance during the meeting. Everyone seems to be happy for us. Vision is handling it like a man and I'm really thankful for that. I gained Stephen but I didn't want to lose Vision either.

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary