day eight

beginning and end of smut is marked.
————————————————————

Takashi Shirogane was not exactly the most calm of men. He was just constantly under stress and always worried about things. But today? Today, it was especially bad.

That might explain why he had stumbled into his little brother's room at 2 in the morning and clumsily flipped on the light. Yeah, stress was a good excuse for that.

Keith, being the moody teenager that he was, just groaned and pulled a pillow over his head. "What do you want?" he grunted, but it was muffled.

"Keith," Shiro whispered, his voice hoarse from lack of sleep. Keith's head popped up, his brows furrowed in concern.

"What?" Keith asked, sounding majorly confused, and incredibly disoriented. "What is it, what's wrong?"

Shiro stepped into the room, running his flesh hand through his hair. "Keith. Oh my god. Today's the day."

"Huh? Oh, yeah. The wedding."

"What am I going to do?"

".... Marry the love of your life?"

"Keith, what if he's changed his mind?"

"I'm pretty sure that if he changed his mind, he'd have told you by now. Adam's a good guy like that."

"What if he forgot??"

Keith sighed heavily, and gave him a flat look. "Shiro. Are you even listening to yourself? I highly, highly doubt that Adam would forget to tell you if he changed his mind about marrying you."

"I don't know, Keith, you know how he gets-" As Shiro spoke, he started pacing a little and tugging at his hair, seeming absolutely intent on wearing down Keith's already threadbare carpet.

Keith sat up a little. "Shiro. It's literally 2 am. Please stop worrying about this and go to bed. Okay? It'll be a disaster if you're really tired in the morning."

Slowly, Shiro nodded. "Okay," he said. "Okay, you're right. Thank you, Keith."

"'Course. That's what I do, Shiro."

After a moment, Shiro left to go back to bed and turned off the light, and Keith very quickly fell back asleep. For yet a few more hours, all was peaceful.

———————————————————

The next morning was chaos.

Keith had woken up late, to Adam and Shiro scurrying around and getting ready. Keith went downstairs and grabbed himself a donut, and then he was immediately sent back upstairs to take a shower. He grumbled, but did as he was told to.

Half an hour later, he was perfectly clean, and absolutely ready to get out of the house. His suit was with Shiro's- they would probably be changing at the church (Adam had said that he didn't quite trust either of them to keep their tux's clean until then, and neither of them was willing to protest), which meant that Keith had most of the morning free.

He had helped with everything he could, and he was done with all the things that he needed to do. So, after he called out a quick goodbye, he ended up just going to the Holt household. Pidge greeted him with a simple 'hey, loser' and shooed him upstairs to Matt's bedroom. He wasn't going to complain about going up there, of course.

Technically, they weren't dating. Yet. But neither of them could deny the attraction that was there. Pidge teased them about it all the time, but really, it was true. Keith did really like Matt, and Matt really liked Keith. Which was why Keith just walked into Matt's room without any warning. "Hey."