At a Loss for Words and Thoughts

Jack's POV

I crouched at Elsa's side and pulled D.R.A.G.O.N. off of her. There was blood everywhere, both on D.R.A.G.O.N. and Elsa. She was lying on her stomach, and it didn't look good. Soon Anna, Hiccup, and Merida were beside me. Anna gasped, and Hiccup was at a loss for words. Only Merida seemed to know what to do. She ripped off a piece of her jacket and rubbed as much blood as she could from Elsa's back. What was underneath wasn't pretty. Her shirt was ripped slightly at the top, and the skin underneath was... well... skinned. Merida tutted slightly and tore another piece from the jacket, wrapping it around Elsa's back. Then she gently turned her over. Elsa didn't stir. I patted Elsa's cheeks gently.

"Elsa. Elsa, wake up. Talk to me Elsa. You'll be ok. Please... please be ok." I sobbed. Merida checked her pulse and breathing, then sat back.

"Please tell me she's breathing." I begged. Merida looked at me.

"She's breathing. How ever faintly. We need to get help." She said. I stood weakly.

"Help. I'll get help." I said. I ran from the field, from the blood. A part of me said I should stay with Elsa, but a bigger part of me said I could help most by getting help. I stumbled into someone.

"Get the headmaster. Get the doctor. Call 911." I said in a daze.

"Why? What happened?" I faintly recognized the voice of Pitch. I didn't want to tell him, but Elsa needed help now.

"Elsa. It fell from the sky. She saved Anna. There's blood everywhere, and she's unconscious..." Pitch pulled out his cell phone and quickly called 911.

"Hello? Yes, there is an emergency. A girl named Elsa. Apparently something fell from the sky and hit her and there's blood everywhere, not to mention she's unconscious. Thunderhead University. Where is she?" Pitch asked me.

"Football field." I said.

"Sounds like you were asking for her to get hit." He smirked, then went back to the phone.

"The football field. Ok. Ok. Got it. Thank you mam." Pitch said, then hung up.

"Take me to her." Pitch commanded.

"What? No way!" I protested, the shock wearing off.

"Jack, if my dad found out about this, there will be questions. Whatever toy you were using will be confiscated, not to mention possible expulsions. It's better for all of us if I come. Think about Elsa." I glumly led Pitch to the others, and he took in the scene. Merida was checking Elsa's pulse constantly, Hiccup was sitting mutely, and Anna was stroking Elsa's hair, tears silently streaming down her cheeks. I sat beside Anna and gently touched Elsa's cheek, and Pitch stood over us all. He gently turned D.R.A.G.O.N. over with his foot.

"This is bad." He said to himself. No one replied. After a few moments, the bell rang. We were officially late for class. A little while later, the ambulance pulled into the field and paramedics jumped out. They ordered us away from Elsa and loaded her onto the ambulance. The last I saw was of them driving away with the sirens blaring.

------- 1 week later -------

Jack's POV

I sat with my head bowed, listening to the steady beeping of the heart monitor. I always hated hospitals, still did, but the only thing that made them tolerable at the moment was the fact that they were keeping Elsa alive. I glanced at her.

She was the same as she was every day for the last week. She was getting thinner, and she was very pale. Her hair was neatly brushed and in a braid laced with flowers. Rapunzel had done that. She wore a neck brace as well, and had an IV attached to her arm. She was breathing softly. She still wore the paper ring.

The door opened, and Anna walked in. She didn't look surprised to see me there. She sat down on the chair next to me and sighed. I put my arm around her shoulder.

"The doctor says that she's been getting better." Anna said softly. We both sat in a comfortable silence. The door opened and the doctor walked in. He regarded us both.

"I thought I would find you here." He said. He checked Elsa's IV, and then made some notes on a clipboard.

"There has been a development." He said. I saw Anna stiffen.

"Elsa will not be able to have visitors for a few days." He explained.

"What do you mean?" Me and Anna burst out at the same time.

"Elsa will probably wake up tomorrow."

"All the more reason for us to be there!" I protested.

"She will be unstable. She has a slight concussion, and has..."

"Has what?" Anna demanded.

"She has lost some of her memories." It was like someone had dropped a bomb. Dead silence. Elsa had lost some of her memories? Which ones? How many? Would she remember me? Would she remember that we were going to go to the Fall Dance together?

"It's impossible to target which memories were lost, but it's probably the more recent ones. Probably within the last five weeks. And until we find out what she remembers, she cannot have visitors. Provoking a lost memory with cause a major headache. We would rather avoid the pain." Anna and I looked sadly at each other, and the doctor left the room. Anna stood and went home, and I spent a few last moments with Elsa. My emotions were warring inside of me. I stood silently for a few moments, then kissed Elsa's forehead and went home.

I went downstairs to the lobby and signed out of the visitor sheet. As I did, I noticed Anna's name, and one other. My eyes satires at it unbelievingly. What was he doing here? Who was he visiting? I rubbed my eyes and looked again. The black letters held true. I was tempted to run back upstairs and check on Elsa again. But I still couldn't make myself understand.

Why on earth was Pitch Black here? And why was he visiting Elsa?

-------------

Yay! Two chapters in one day! Hope you guys like the story so far! Poor Elsa... Please Vote and/or comment.