XX

Drake watched as the coroner's van left with the body. As he turned he noticed light glinting off of something. Taking a step towards it, he realized that he was looking at a man holding binoculars. Without thinking, Drake took off to catch him. There was no question about that. 

Just as he reached the spot where the guy had been standing. While he was looking in the bushes the guy was standing behind, Drake felt a sharp sting on his neck. Reaching up, he pulled out a small dart. Things become blurry and he felt himself hit the ground as he realized that he had been drugged.

Back at the compound the women were setting the food out on the tables and Francesca went to find Vulcan and Drake. Finding her husband in the game room she walked up to him and kissed his cheek. Vulcan stopped and wrapped his arms around her waist. 

"Hello, my beautiful girl. Is it time to eat?" At her nod, he leaned down and kissed her again. 

"Anyone seen drake? We're about to eat." All of the guys agreed that the last time they all saw him out front waiting for the coroner to leave. Vulcan, Francesca and Bill stood and looked at each and they all ran out to the front of the building. The entry fence for the compound was still wide open and Drake's truck was parked where he left it.

"Everyone spread out and see what you can find. And someone get that cop out here." Vulcan didn't wait, he started walking outside of the compound gate just as Tom reached him.

"It looks like he ran out here to chase something." Vulcan said.

"Or someone." Tom replied, and Vulcan felt a cold chill run down his back.

Tom took out his phone and called for a crime scene investigator. Snapping his phone closed, he turned to the club VP and said, 'CSI people are on their way. In the meantime, we need to let Samantha know." 

Before they went inside, Vulcan directed one of the brothers to  watch for the crime scene people. 

Walking out into the backyard, Vulcan looked around. A long serving table was off to one side, laden with so many dishes. The table they were going to be sitting at to eat held plates, glasses, and everything else that you wold need for your meal. Looking around even more, Vulcan, Bill and Tom found the three female friends standing by the table that held drinks and desserts. Samantha was holding Isabella and laughing at something one of the others had said. 

Something must have alerted her, because she looked up and stared Vulcan square in the eye. He watched her eyes widen and a look of horror cross her face. Lucy signaled for one of Francesca's daughter's to come and get the baby. When the baby was handed over, The three men walked over to the three women. Samantha didn't wait. She wanted to know what was wrong.

"What is it, Vulcan? Where's Drake? And why is Tom with you and looking like you are at a funeral." Sam's voice became raised in her anxiety.

Vulcan knowing how close the woman and his Prez were, grabbed her and wrapped her up in a massive hug. "He's gone, Sam. He ran after something or someone outside of the compound and was obviously taken. Now, we have to find him." Vulcan put his hands on her shoulders and steadied her as she took in the news. "We will find him, Sam. Cabi is already on the hunt. He's digging up information. Right now, the thing I need from you is stability. These men and women know who you are and what you are to this club. They are going to look to you for guidance." At her stuttering, he shook her. "Stop! You can't afford to lose it. They are watching you. Any sign of weakness and they will lose all respect for you. Now, you are going to gather everyone, make this announcement, encourage them to eat, and then some of us are going to to to church and discuss our options.Understood?" At her nod, he turned and led her to the center of the yard, where he released a loud, shrill whistle.

"Alright Club. Samantha has an announcement to make." Vulcan nodded at her and took a step back, indicating that she should speak.

"Good afternoon Brothers and Sisters. As you know, the last mission was a fail and we were attacked as a distraction. After the removal of the body, somehow, Drake has disappeared." Murmurs got louder, and anger started rising. "Hold on, that's not all. We are pretty sure that Senator Jonathon Graves had a hand in this. However, this cannot be done on an empty stomach, so I suggest we eat and in an hour or so we will meet in church to discuss our options."