i.

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ" WE ONLY SEE EACH OTHER AT WEDDINGS AND FUNERALS "—If there was one word to describe Kitana Wolf, it would be ordinary

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ
" WE ONLY SEE EACH OTHER AT WEDDINGS AND FUNERALS "

If there was one word to describe Kitana Wolf, it would be ordinary.

For fifteen years, the young girls life was just as plain as a stale piece of bread. Even her hair was ordinary, her chocolate brown locks always in its same position, falling carelessly down her back.
Friends was a hard reach for Kitana, not one looked her way except for Rose Evans. Thank God she sat with her at the swings in third grade, otherwise it would be dinning with the librarian.

The only child wasn't like any other teen Kitana encountered. She was fiercely loyal, and had a knack for problem solving. Kind-hearted could be her middle name if it wasn't taken by 'Gregory' which was in memory of her grandfathers name.

Her great grandfather, Gregory Wolf II was barely mentioned to Kitana throughout her childhood. When he was mentioned, a few times by her father just for dramatic effect, he was described as God. The small girl never grew up knowing her grandfather or her mother for that matter.

On the day Kitana was born, her mother passed away. It was an unexpected birth, one that her mother and father at the time were not ready for. Her father isolated himself from his daughter and the rest of the world, leaving Kitana to fend for herself.

Screams were heard throughout the neighbourhood as Kitana woke up from a bad dream. The same dream that haunted her everyday. The dream where she kills her mother.

No one else was in the small apartment at the time. Her father was out working his night shifts which helped to pay for the rent, along with Kitana's income. She worked in an antique store, full of beautifully crafted furniture and statues.

Beads of sweat dropped down her forehead, running a hand through her hair, she read her phone only seeing that it was 11:45. Sighing, she grabbed her bag while putting on a proper top that did not say 'Beauty Sleep' in pink writing.

The diner across the street was her go-to spot for a good cup of tea and a raspberry jelly doughnut. She was very friendly with the woman who worked there, Agnes loved sharing Kitana's company. Taking in a deep breath, the teenager slowly opened the door, trying not to make too much noise.

There were already two customers being served at the counter. Kitana shrugged out of her jacket and placed it on the coat rack. Her converse leaving traces of mud on every so tile. The customers seemed to be ordering just then.

One was a grown man, about in his mid-fifties with an overly large stomach. Sitting next to him was a kid, who looked around Kitana's age and wearing what looked like a school uniform. The closer she got to the counter she noticed that the boy was really cute.

Hiding the redness from her cheeks, the shy girl pulled up a chair next to the kid and tried her best not to make eye contact with him. Agnes gave her a smile, pouring a cup of coffee for the customer, assuming it was for the man but in fact for the boy with dark brown hair.

Kitana looked at the cup of coffee in the boys hand, a bit too long because the boy faced her. He looked her up and down, "Can I help you?" Kitana was going red again, "Um," she stuttered, "Sorry, I just never met a kid who likes coffee." She gave him a weak smile and his tone softened, "That's okay. I've just had a... trying day."

She wondered what could of made him so exhausted that he needed coffee at 12:00. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed a drawing of an umbrella on his arm. "Cool drawing," she nodded towards his arm and instantly regretted it when he pulled a bit of his sleeve down.

He sighed, "thanks," he gave her smile. The boy didn't want to upset the girl more, she seemed very genuine to him. Agnes came round and set down a raspberry jelly doughnut and a cup of camomile tea, knowing that was her order every time she visited.

Kitana thanked the woman and started sipping on her tea. "How can you drink that garbage?" It was the boy, a smirk played on his face and she realised he was staring at her, the way she stared at him with his coffee. A giggle escaped from her mouth as she protested that tea is better than coffee.

"Hm I think you're wrong there. Coffee has been scientifically proven to help the body in many ways."
They argued back and forward, the way a married couple would. He thought she had beautiful eyes, the way the dim diner lights hit her face.

After what seemed like hours of talking, she finally introduced herself to the mystery boy. "I'm Kitana, by the way," she extended her hand to shake his. He hesitated for a split second then shook her hand, "Number Five, it's nice to meet you Kitana." Number Five? She didn't know what to say but went a long with it, not wanting to insult him.

Out of nowhere, a group of armed men stormed into the diner, pointing their guns at Number Five. Kitana stood frozen, panic set in and she felt her chest tighten. Number Five looked her way then turned back to the danger standing in front of them.

"On your feet and come with us," one of the men said, still pointing his gun at Five. Kitana faced the unfazed boy, wanting to know what was going on. "They want to talk," the man added. All Five could do was shrug, "I've got nothing to say. "

The tension in the room got worse. "You don't think I want to shoot a kid? Go home with that on my conscience?"

Kitana was sure she was going to throw up any second.

"Well, I wouldn't worry about that." Five gave a devilish smirk, "You won't be going home."In a blink of an eye, chaos happened and Kitana could not comprehend what happened next.

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ
a/n: GOD THIS CHAPTER TOOK FOREVER TO WRITE! I hope you guys like it, vote comment or whatever you want. I'll try to update daily.