iv.

" MAN ON THE MOON "

" MAN ON THE MOON "

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

-

Kitana hit the streets after the shoot out at the Hargreeves estate.

She wasn't going to wait for Five any longer and she did not want to sit another hour listening to Luther and Diego bicker.

There were sirens being blared, car horns honking and people raiding the footpaths. It was easy to blend in, to get lost with everybody else in this world. After all, she was only ordinary.

Making her way to Griddy's diner, Kitana noticed her shirt was dripping with blood. Carefully opening the door, Kitana made her way to the bathrooms next to where the kitchen was.

Locking the door immediately, the hurt girl examined the wound. "Shit," she mumbled quietly, revealing a massive cut placed on the side of her stomach.

Kitana wasn't a doctor but she did know how to patch up Rose's grazed knees from falling on the concrete. Grabbing as many pieces of toilet paper as she could, Kitana managed to create a bandage out of the material, wrapping it around her stomach.

As soon as she touched the wound, pain seized up inside of her. Kitana let out a grunt, trying not to be too loud since Agnes was close by. This is as good it's going to get, Kitana thought, not satisfied with the outcome of her doctoring.

Wiping the falling tears from her cheeks, the injured teen ripped her light red blouse in half, throwing away the bloody part of the material in the bin. Great. She was now wearing a crop top. Kit made sure she zipped up her brown leather jacket all the way to her chin.

As soon as she stepped out of the bathroom, Agnes was waiting outside the door, a worried look on her face. "Agnes, you scared me. We'll, I should get going.." Kitana started to move around her when the older woman stopped her.

"Kitana, I think we should talk." Oh no. Agnes pulled the teen into the back room, passing her a doughnut as it was in the woman's nature to be kind. Placing a hand on her stomach, Kitana tried her hardest not to look like she got attacked.

"Agnes I can't stay long, you know, being fifteen is very busy." She gave a nervous laugh, wanting to dig herself in a hole. Agnes shook her head, "Kitana, I know you were there the night the... accident happened."

Crap. "Accident? Agnes, I left the store straight after you served me. I- I got no idea what you're talking about." She could tell Agnes was not believing her lie. "Sweetheart, I may be old but I'm not dumb. I saw you with that boy. I could of mentioned your name to the police but I didn't. Kitana, are you in any trouble?"