one-

"Klaus!" 6 year old Evangeline Hargreeves ran up to her favourite older brother, taking no notice to the snowflakes tumbling down onto her hair of the same colour.

The 13 year old's head shot up, surprise overcoming his features before a grin spread across his face.

"Hey, Eve!" He chuckled, crouching down to pick up the little girl who instantly wrapped one arm around his neck, a giggle bubbling up her throat. "You've got a little something there,"

"Where?" Her little nose scrunched up, using her tiny free hand to pat her face to feel for anything that could be stuck there.

"Everywhere," Klaus sniggered at the girl. "Look up," he said, pointing upwards.

Little Evangeline looked up to finally notice the snow cloud which hovered over her... and only her, a joyous screech coming from her mouth when she saw. This brought bounds of happiness to her brother who gave her a happy look in return, something that rarely escaped the boy's face.

"What's going on?" An irritated looking Diego huffed, walking into the room. This look didn't last for long, because when he saw his little sister clapping in glee, he couldn't help but smile along.

"Why is Eve screaming again?" Luther asked, entering with Allison attached to his side as always. "Oh,"

Soon, all of the Hargreeves siblings were in the room, watching their sister stomp about in her own little snow cloud now that Klaus had let her down. Even Vanya had joined her brothers and sisters.

Although she was a late addition, they all loved their little sister and, truth be told, they would do anything to protect her (and not just because their father told them to).

"Now now, what's all of this screaming?" Their mother asked tenderly, eyes settling upon the littlest Hargeeves child. "I'd better get your father,"

This was a common occurrence by now. Evangeline would show signs of a new power manifesting and her father would have to be fetched from his office.

Not long after, heavy footsteps could be heard from the entrance hall of the house, a sign that had all of the siblings silenced.

"I've told you all before: fun and games are restricted to Saturdays between noon and half noon! You know this. Now away with you all," Reginald barked, all eight of his children dissipating, dull expressions painted on their youthful faces. "Not you, number eight,"

Evangeline turned on her heels with a guilty look on her face. Where she had just been standing, a pile of snow had accumulated.

"I'm sorry, dad," Evangeline whimpered. "It was an accident. I-I didn't mean to-"

"Do not fret, child. You are simply developing. Come now, we'll fetch Pogo to help us run some tests," Reginald said softly, placing a comforting hand on his daughter's back.

As they walked, Evangeline wondered how she would be tested this time.

When they found out that she had the power of telepathy, Reginald had lined up all of the children, telling them each something to tell Evangeline. The catch was that they could only tell her once she had established a connection to their minds. This went on for several hours. She was 4 years old.