seven-

"Mom

"Mom... do you hear music?" Evangeline mused, sitting at the kitchen table while her mother pottered about as always. When she didn't receive a response, the girl shrugged, finding her feet tapping.

Children behave, that's what they say when we're together

The music that thumped through the house and, as much as Evangeline wanted to yell for someone to turn it off, she found her fingertips tapping against the table, her head bopping.

And watch how you play
They don't understand
And so we're

Evangeline glanced over at her mother, seeing her still standing there. With a mischievous grin, she stood up, walking over to her the woman.

Running just as fast as we can
Holding on to one another's hands
Trying to get away into the night
And then you put your arms around me

Evangeline made in to Grace, taking her mother's hand much to the latter's surprise and dragging her away from the stove.

And we tumble to the ground and then you say

The two danced around the kitchen, lead by Evangeline, the girl's outlandish movement jerking her mother's body awkwardly, although she heard no objection.

I think we're alone now
There doesn't seem to be anyone around
I think we're alone now
The beating of our hearts is the only sound

The song progressed on, Evangeline effectively threw her mother around the kitchen, giggling all the way, even Grace breaking a smile despite her distance from everyone recently.

Suddenly, a great thunder rolled through the house, a blue flashing breaking through the window. The music cut out and Evangeline's head snapped to attention, now out of her musical daze.

Objects were hurled across the kitchen, a frying pan almost taking out Evangeline.

"Mom, look out! Stay.... stay safe or whatever!"

Running through the house, Evangeline racked her mind for whatever could be occurring. Once outside, she was greeted by her siblings standing in shock below a great blue matter suspended in the sky.

"Get behind me!" Luther yelled to everyone over the booming noise of the 'temporal anomaly'.

"Yeah... get behind us!" Diego added. Evangeline would have sniggered had it not been for the fact that she was crapping herself at the sight in front of her. She couldn't tell if her senses were heightened from the trip she was experiencing or if this was genuinely happening.