nine-

The next day, Evangeline awoke in the arms of Archie in his single bed, her head splitting not only from an epic hangover, but from the force of all of her powers trying to fight their way to the front of her conscious mind at once. With a soft moan of pain, Evangeline reached over to Archie's bedside table in a feeble attempt to grab onto a bottle of whisky that she could see through bleary eyes.

Just as her hand was in retrieval distance, something gripped onto her wrist in a firm yet oddly gentle hold. With a huff, Evangeline spun her whole body around to come face to face with Archie, the Irish man's bright eyes boring into her soul.

"Eve, no," he demanded. While his voice came across as stern and dominant, there was a background tone of desperation. "This isn't healthy,"

"What isn't healthy is the absolutely blinding headache I have every time sobriety threatens me," Evangeline glared, spinning around once more to try and reach the amber liquid. Despite this, Archie was faster, moving from the bed and scooping Evangeline up like a baby and away into the living room.

"Archie noooo," Evangeline whined like a small child, wriggling about in the man's arms.

"Archie yes!" came the reply as he threw the woman down onto the sofa, making quick work of clearing the flat of bottles and baggies.

Feeling slightly lost, Evangeline tried to place her finger on what was missing in her current situation. Come to think of it, she noticed that it was strangely quiet that morning...

"Yo, Arch?" Evangeline called weakly across the room to Archie who was scurrying around.

"No!"

"You don't even know what I was gonna ask!"

"The answer is probably still no,"

"Uhhh, where's Klaus?"

Archie stopped in his tracks and thought for a minute. "Shit... I actually don't know," he muttered, scratching his head.

"I'll call Allis- ahh shit!" Evangeline started before gripping her head tightly, curling up into the fetal position. Thorn ridden vines began to protrude from her finger tips as miscellaneous voices penetrated her train of thought, poking at her brain like a needle. This was every excuse for her drinking problem that she ever gave, rolled up into one, a living nightmare.

"Eve?!" Archie exclaimed in horror as he sped over to his best friend, crouching beside her despite the danger she could bring him. "Eve listen to me. You're gonna be fine,"

Evangeline's cries prompted Archie to take her phone and dial Allison's number, arguably the most mature out of the siblings.

"Hey... uh Allison? This is Archie, Evangeline's friend and roommate," Archie spluttered frantically after the dialling tone ceased and the phone was answered.  "She's having... urgh... issues right now... with her ummm... her powers," Archie couldn't think coherently himself, his speech broken and barely understandable as he watched the woman writhing in pain.

"Woah woah woah! Hold on." Allison's voice responded through the phone, "Is she okay?"

"She looks like she's in pain. Like a whole load. Can you get here? I'll text you the address,"