Amber and James Find Out

It was a beautiful morning, and Sofia was excited because Hugo was coming over. She didn't know what they were going to do just yet, but while she was waiting, she found a picture of her late father, Birk Balthazar. She bore a striking resemblance to him. Clover the bunny came into Sofia's room through his passageway, and he was happy to see her.

"Hey, princess, what are you up to?" Clover asked.

"Hi, Clover, I'm just waiting for Hugo to get here," Sofia smiled.

Suddenly, Hugo's voice rang out, "Here I am!" He happily entered Sofia's room. "Hi, Sofie! What do you have there?"

"It's a picture of my daddy," Sofia replied, showing Hugo the picture.

"Wow, you look just like him—I can see why your mother is so protective of you," Hugo remarked.

"Yes, Daddy was a sailor—he taught me how to sail when I was four," Sofia revealed.

Meanwhile, Amber and James were walking in the hall, and the conversation Sofia and Hugo were having caught their ears. As much as they hated to spy on their sister and her boyfriend, they couldn't help but overhear.

"I wonder what Amber and James's birth mother looked like," Clover wondered.

Thanks to The Tale of Princess Sofia, Sofia and Hugo knew what Queen Lorelei looked like.

"Well, she's the splitting image of Amber," Sofia revealed.

"That would explain why King Roland spoiled her so much," Hugo added.

"Yes, and Lorelei's fate is the only thing we need to keep secret from anyone," Sofia told him. "If Amber and James find out what happened to their mother, let alone about Roland's first wish in the Wishing Well, they'll be scarred for life."

Amber and James were surprised to hear that their stepsister knew what happened to their birth mother. They didn't know why she knew about it but not them. Clover turned to the doorway and saw that Amber and James had heard what Sofia said.

"Sof, I don't want to alarm you, but maybe Amber and James want to know," Clover told Sofia.

"Why do you say that?" Sofia asked.

"I think they heard you," Clover said.

Sofia and Hugo were shocked to hear that. They turned to the doorway and saw that Amber and James were there—and it made them feel very nervous, especially Sofia.

"Amber, James, how long have you been there?" Sofia gulped.

"Long enough to hear that you seem to know about our birth mother," James replied.

"And you seem to know about Daddy's first wish in that Wishing Well," Amber added. "You said if we ever found out about those, we'd be scarred."

"Why would Dad tell you and not us?" James asked. "And who's Lorelei?"

Sofia and Hugo realized they had been caught, and they couldn't lie to Amber and James.

"Dad didn't really tell me—Hugo and I found out in the Secret Library," Sofia replied.

"The Secret Library?" Amber asked. "Can we see?"

"Okay, but you won't be happy," Sofia nodded.

Everyone held hands, and Sofia held her magical amulet in her hand and said, "I wish for us to be small." They all shrunk down to the size of Wee Sprites, and they went through the secret passageway.