Not So Good

The minute the twins got to the palace, they entered, and nothing good was going on. They could hear Samira and Garrick fighting.

"Garrick, stop being so ridiculous—you need to stop being so hard on Hugo and let him make his own decisions!" Samira shouted. "Maybe he doesn't want to be a star athlete like you and Axel."

"You're the one being ridiculous, Samira—of course, Hugo wants to be a star!" Garrick argued. "There's no way I want him growing up to be a girly laughing stock!"

Hugo came running out of a nearby parlor in tears. "Why does it have to be this way?" he sobbed.

Axel came after him, unhappy with Hugo's reaction. "Don't be such a baby, Hugo," he snapped.

"Mind your own business, Axel," Hugo yelled.

"Hugo?" Amber asked.

"Amber, you don't know how happy I am to see you," Hugo smiled. He hugged and kissed Amber.

"Hugo, did you just kiss me?" Amber asked.

"Aw, your girlfriend doesn't seem to remember you," Axel teased rudely.

"Give it a rest, Axel!" Hugo snapped.

Amber and James couldn't believe what they were seeing—Hugo and Axel weren't getting along, and Garrick and Samira were fighting.

"What's going on?" James asked.

"Mom and Dad are fighting in front of Hugo again, and every time that happens, he cries," Axel said.

"You say that like it's a bad thing," Hugo scoffed.

"You don't remember winning the Flying Crown for Royal Prep or becoming a flying derby champion?" James asked.

"Or taking up ice-dancing?" Amber asked.

"What are you guys talking about?" Hugo asked. "None of those things ever happened. Royal Prep never made it to the championship race, and ice-dancing is for girls."

"How could you not have made it to the championships?" Axel scolded Hugo.

"You didn't make it to the championships either, and neither did Dad!" Hugo argued. "You're such a hypocrite!"

"Sofia could've helped you make it to the championships, Hugo," James said.

But Hugo just looked at him like he was a disgusting giant stinkbug. "Who is this Sofia? Your girlfriend?" he teased.

Amber and James realized that Hugo didn't remember Sofia.

"Let me guess: you don't remember anyone who goes by that name," Amber guessed.

"That's right, and whoever this Sofia is, she must be looney in the head," Hugo declared.

"Just like you are because you don't take things too seriously," Axel told him.

"Be quiet, Axel!" Hugo shouted. "You know, I wish you were never my brother!"

Amber and James were shocked to hear that—Hugo was no better than how he was when he first met Sofia.

Later, Amber and James were at their own castle, unhappy with everything.

"This is terrible," Amber sighed. "We're not at the schools we've chosen, you're heir to the throne, Aunt Tilly never got married, Hildegard is controlling Clio, Hugo is miserable, and Axel bullies him? Can this get any worse?"