Uh-Oh

But when the next day came, nothing was the same anymore.

James was in his room, sleeping in his bed, when he heard a womanly voice that sounded like Amber.

"James? Wake up, sweetie. Time to get up, James."

James opened his eyes to find a woman who looked just like Amber. "Amber, is that you?" he gaped. "Wow, you look more grown up than before—and how did I get back in my bed?"

"No, honey, I'm Lorelei, your mother," Lorelei chuckled. "Amber is in her own bed in her room."

"What?" James gasped. "Mom? Is that really you?"

"Yes, it's me," Lorelei nodded.

James couldn't believe that Roland had already wished Lorelei back to life, let alone divorced Miranda, without letting him and Amber know.

"Well, good morning," James said, putting on a brave smile.

"Well, I'll go and wake your sister," Lorelei smiled. She went off to her daughter's room to wake her only to find that Amber was already up and dressed—and Amber was shocked to see that her mother was alive.

"Mom?" Amber gasped.

"Yes, good morning, dear," Lorelei smiled. "Did you sleep well?"

"Just barely," Amber replied. "You're alive?"

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" Lorelei chuckled.

"You died the minute James and I were born," Amber said.

Lorelei was surprised to hear that. "Did I?" she gasped. "I'd better ask your father." She left to go and find Roland.

Amber had a weird feeling about this. She wondered what really happened. Suddenly, she heard James' voice from out in the hall, "Amber, may I come in please?"

"Come in, James," Amber said.

James came in and asked, "Amber, have you noticed something going on?"

"You mean the fact that our birth mother is alive?" Amber asked. "That means Daddy and Miranda have already divorced, and he's made the wish in that Wishing Well to bring our mother to life."

"This is weird, but at least we met her," James smiled.

Suddenly, Roland and Lorelei came in.

"Well, Lorelei, I made a wish in a Wishing Well for Amber and James to be born, and you died, but just recently I made another wish in that Wishing Well for you to be back to life," Roland revealed. "That way, they'd not only have a mother but get to know her better."

"Well, thank you, Roland, for do that for us," Lorelei smiled.

"I guess this means you already divorced Miranda, and she and Sofia went back to the village," James surmised.

That left Lorelei and Roland baffled.

"Miranda? Who's this Miranda?" Roland asked.

"And who's Sofia?" Lorelei added.

"Those twins must've been letting their imaginations go crazy," Roland chuckled. He and Lorelei went out into the hall, leaving the twins a little baffled.

"He doesn't remember Miranda or Sofia?" Amber asked.

"Oh, I get it—he's pretending he doesn't remember them, so Mom doesn't angry or jealous," James assumed.