Summer recap and winner (2011)

Lauren POV
I can't believe summer is over. I can't wait to see who won, me or Daniel. Over the summer Daniel found out my dad died. We're such close friends now. I can honestly say he is the best friend I have ever had.

I have joined competitive cheer team. We compete in a few weeks. I'm so excited. I have also joined the schools cheer team. I say amber at tryouts. She made the team too. We have practice tomorrow. Tomorrow is also the first day of school. I'm scared for it. What if people don't like me?

Troye seems okay with the first day of school tomorrow. Over the summer he made a friend, Braxton. Sebastian and Tyler became best friends. Both me and Daniel started a Youtube channel. We have lots of subscribers.

One of the things I'm most afraid about is my accent. I have a British accent cause I'm from London. What if they make fun of it tomorrow at school?

I got to hear Daniel sing for the first time a couple weeks ago and he has an amazing voice. I started writing a song. One of my my favorite songs at the moment is talking to the moon by Bruno Mars.  I love to sing it. I start getting my stuff for school tomorrow ready.

Today is the day we see who won. I walk downstairs to be greeted by my best friend. My and his mom are in the kitchen. They have the scoreboard. We walk to the kitchen. I have to admit I'm kinda nervous. I don't like losing.

"Ready for this Seavey?"
" of course Simmons. I'm gonna win"
" huh hahaha in your dreams!" In the hands of Troye is the winner. My mom begins- " we have gathered here today to find the winner of the Daniel- Lauren 2011 summer battle!"
Keri-" Do you both solemnly swear to stay best friends no matter the winner?"
Daniel-" I do"
"I do too"
Troye- "in my hands I hold the winners name. Anna would you like to do the honors?"
Anna-"of course. Thank you Troye. And the winner is... LAUREN!"
"YES! HA TAKE THAT SEAVEY! Sorry I got excited."
"SoRrY i GoT eXcItEd." He says mockingly. He laughed a little. "Good job Lauren. I will loose gracefully Becca I have now found out that your the real OG." We both laugh.

Every year we have a back to school barbecue. This year is the first without my dad. We invited the Simmons. We are all swimming except our parents. Over the summer I finally taught Daniel how to do a backflip. He can't do it on the ground but he can off the diving board and on the trampoline.

"Daniel do it! Please please please?"
"Nooo what if I mess up?"
"You won't mess up. Please Daniel do it for me?" I say pleadingly.
"Uhhhh finneeee." Finally. He did his backflip. I wasn't in the water. I was tanning. I stood up though to watch him do his backflip.
"Good job Daniel!" I say as he comes up.
" I wouldn't be able to do it without you." He says getting out of the water and coming to me. "But since your annoying Lauren I'm gonna throw you in the water!" I didn't expect that. I start running away from him. He chases after me.

"Don't do it Seavey!"
"Watch me Laurie" I keep running. Suddenly I felt arms around my waist. Daniel threw me over his shoulder.

Daniel POV
I threw Lauren over my shoulder. I'm gonna throw her in the pool. My mom sees me. "Daniel James Seavey put her down!" " ok mom I will." I'm gonna put her down but in the pool. Lauren is kinda giggling. I jump in the pool with Lauren on my shoulder. She screams as we hit the water.

We come up laughing. "That's payback Lauren." I say still laughing. We continue to laugh. We swim for a while longer. We get out and eat then go back to swimming. We get tired so we go inside. Also because I have to go home to get ready for bed cause school starts tomorrow.

We go to Lauren's basement. There's a baby grand piano there so she starts playing. He hands move swiftly over the keys. I don't recognize what she's playing.

"What song are you playing? I don't think I've heard it"
"Oh um" she fumbles over her words. "No ones ever heard it." She says in almost a whisper.
"What do you mean? Did you write it?"
"Yeah."
"That's amazing. Will sing it with the lyrics? Please please please Laurie?"
"Fine but there's a part I haven't written yet."
She begins singing. Her voice is amazing. I completely love her voice.  Am I .... no that's so dumb to think. She plays the piano then begins-

And another one bites the dust
Oh, why can I not conquer love?
And I might have thought that we were one
Wanted to fight this war without weapons
And I wanted it, I wanted it bad
But there were so many red flags
Now another one bites the dust
Yeah, let's be clear I'll trust no

(I know these are sia lyrics please just go with it.)
The song is amazing. I stare in awe at her as she continues to sing.

I have to go home. We exchange goodbyes and my and my family leave. Once I get home I take my shower. I look out my window at Lauren's. She's there at her window. I open my window and climb onto the tree in between our houses. She looks up and sees me. She opens her window and climbs out.

"Sup Dani boi"
"Sup Laurie"
"Are you excited for tomorrow?"
"Sure I guess. What about you?"
"I don't know. I'm kinda scared."
"Why are you scared?"
"What if they don't like me?"
"Then they're dumb and don't know what they're missing out on. Like who wouldn't want to be best friends with you?"
"Thanks"
"But I will always be your best best friend right?" I say this cause she is really the best friend I've ever had.
"Of course." We talk for a while longer. As we talked I fell harder and harder for her. I was scared cause I realized it. But she'll never feel that way about me.

I go home and go to sleep after we are done talking.

A/n- Thanks for reading. Next chapter is coming tomorrow hopefully.