First day of school (2011)

Lauren POV
Today's the day. My impression on people today will last all year. I'm so scared. The first day of school is today. Am I ready? No. Not at all. I have practice after school and the first football game is Saturday. Amber is my base and I'm a flyer. Amber is very salty about this. She wanted to be a flyer and coach didn't want her to be. Amber is really tall and could never stay tight.

I grab the outfit I picked out last night. I put on light makeup. I grab my school stuff and I go downstairs for breakfast. I grab a bagel and put cream cheese on it. I eat That with a glass of orange juice. I grab my lunchbox that my mom packed for me. We leave for school.

Me and Daniel planned on meeting in front of the school. We get there and I see Daniel. I walk over to him.

"Sup Dani boi"
"Sup Laurenator. Are you ready?"
"Not at all"
"Don't be nervous you'll be fine. Don't we have the same classes?"
"Yeah I think so"
"Good then I can be there for you." Being in the same classes as Daniel makes me feel better. Also it feels good to know he's here for me. I smile at him and we walk in. Everything kinda stopped. I heard some whispers. Some were really nice.
Some of the whispers-
"Wow the new girl is really pretty"
"Oh my gosh she just walked in with Daniel Seavey"
"Oh my gosh Amber gonna like totally be pissed cause of this"
"She's so flipping beautiful"
"I wanna be her friend"
"She's on the cheer team with me and she's really good"
"I heard she was on that one cheer team in London and they won first place every time"
"Ew fresh meat. Uh maybe she should take her ugly *ss back London"

Most things said we're good. But that last one hurt. The girl I heard say she wanted my friend came up to me with another girl.
Girl #1- "hi my names Kaitlyn and this is Wynter"
Wynter-" we wanna be friends with you"
Lauren-" um ok. I'm Lauren"
Kaitlyn-"what classes do you have?"
I showed her my classes and me and Wynter and Kaitlyn have most of the same classes. I'm glad I made friends already. The rest of the morning was great. I made a bunch of new friends. Everyone seemed very nice.

This one guy, who I learned was named Elijah, was kinda flirting with me. He said my accent was cute. I thought he was a good distraction. He asked me if I wanted to hang out after school and I said no I have cheer practice. He said he had football practice so he could walk me home. I said okay. Guess I'll be seeing him Saturday.

The rest of the day was great. Everyone was so nice. Especially the chorus instructor. He was so kind. All the other teachers were also kind. School ended and I went to practice. Our halftime routine is so cool.

(This is the routine. Lauren is one of the flyers)
I see Elijah coming into the building as practice ends. He walks me home and says bye. He asked me to hang out Friday. I said sure.

Time skip saturday morning ———
This week has been great. Everyone is so nice. I get ready for the game and put my uniform on.

 I get ready for the game and put my uniform on

I do my hair

Me and my family get in the car. We head to the game. Amber is my base and I think she's up to something. Daniels coming too. My 'date' with Elijah went okay. He was really funny and kind. We just went to Starbucks. He walked me home.  I don't know what he's gonna say today though.

I see the football field as we approach. We get out and I go find my coach. I see my mom, Troye, Sebastian and Daniel take a seat. We stretch and go over halftime. The game starts. We do some cheers and it halftime. We walk into the field. It's so weird to me to not be completing against the other cheer team.

The music starts. This is our moment. I start doing what I'm supposed to. Toe- touch, backhand spring. It's time for partner stunt. We load the stunt and I'm up in the air. All of a sudden, Amber isn't there under me. I'm falling. I hit the ground HARD. The last thing I saw was coach running towards me. Everything then went black. I felt a lot of pain in my head. My eyes flicker open and I see that I'm in an ambulance.

I wake up in the hospital. I see my mom and brothers. Then I see Daniel. He's awake and sees I'm awake.

"Daniel?"
"Lauren oh my gosh how are you feeling?"
"I feel fine but what happened?"
"You were in partner stunt and Amber stepped out and dropped you. She's been cut from the team cause other girls said that she was planning this. The doctor said you had a concussion." His eyes were red and puffy like he'd been crying. Why would he have been crying?
"Have you been crying Daniel?"
"What Lauren? Why would I have been crying?"
"I don't know you tell me goofball." He looks down at his feet. Then back up at me with tears in his eyes.
"I thought I was gonna loose you Lauren. I can't do that. You're the best friend I've ever had. I know we've only been friends for a few months but it feels like years. You're the best person in my life. You basically know every detail about me. I can't loose you." Tears were falling down his cheeks. I feel the same way. I want to give him a hug but I'm hooked to a monitor. I tell him to come sit beside me. He does. I start playing with his hair.

"You're never gonna loose me Daniel. Ever. You're the best person in my life." I contemplated telling him I love him but only for a second. Because if he doesn't love me back then I'll loose him and I can't do that either.
"I'm sorry for breaking down on you like this Lauren. You're such a strong person."
We lay there for a while and both eventually fall asleep.