Chapter Nine: Drip Drip Drop

When I made it to the front door, I could hear my parents arguing

When I made it to the front door, I could hear my parents arguing. Anxiety hit me harder than a bus, and my hand shook as I tried to put the key into the doorknob to unlock the door.

Once I entered the sent of alcohol and cigarette smoke burned my nose, making my stomach churn. I knew my dad had gotten drunk by the amount of empty bottles that sat on the dining table. When my father gets drunk he can get very angry very fast. Which didn't help the already unstable relationship with my mom. My dad wasn't very abusive, the most he would do to my mom or me would yank our hair, have a tight grip on us, and sometimes slap us. That wouldn't stop my mom to slap him back or grab him by his ear, but my father was always stronger with his body towering over her slim one. All of their arguments always ended in a bad mess.

I looked over at my arguing parents. They seemed too heated in their argument to notice me. So I quickly rushed downstairs to my room, not even worrying about setting my backpack down. I quickly closed my bedroom door and set down my bag next to my bed, and kicked off my black ankle combat boots.

Then I laid down on my bed, because of the thin walls I still could still hear my parents feud upstairs

Then I laid down on my bed, because of the thin walls I still could still hear my parents feud upstairs. Tears slowly started to flow out of my eyes, and I tried to focus attention on what I had been focusing on for years now ever since my parents started to fight. The sound of the water that slowly leaked from the ceiling, hitting the metal bucket.

Drip Drip Drop.

Drip Drip Drop.

Drip Drip Drop.

Soon I had completely toned out my parents heated argument, and focused only on the sound of the water hitting the can. My vision soon got blurry and my eyelids got heavier and heavier until they finally closed all the way. Putting me into a deep and peaceful slumber.

Narrator/3rd Person POV

It all began ten years ago on a rainy April day. Juvia was seven years old at the time. Her loving hard working father came home from a long hard day at his median wage paying job.

"Dad, " the cute seven-year-old shout and ran to his open arms.

"How is my little raindrop doing, " the father said to the young girl who looked a lot like him, while poking the end of her little nose.