Chapter 29: Definitely Tripping

I wear my red dress and black heels that I bought for this very day. It's only been two hours and the shoes are already aching my feet. I suck it up as I finish hanging the birthday banor. I trip on the end of the rug and almost fall, if it wasn't for Ashton's muscles catching my clumsiness. I blush and look at him.

"Oops." I say as I hear him chuckle.

"We don't need both sisters in the hospital." He jokes. He realizes how sensitive I am about that when I sees my face. I have shock and a little bit of hurt painted on it and he turns pale for a second.

"I uh, I'm sorry Aubri. I wasn't thinking.." He rubs his neck and looks away.

"I know. It's OK. You were just trying to lighten the embarrassment. I have to get over my sensitivity." I grab his shoulder and peck his cheek. He smiles and touches my hand with his.

"Shit! She'll be here in half an hour!" Michael yells from across the room and we start to hustle with the plates and presents set on the table. Ashton and I hit the stairs with ribbon and wrap it around the bar. Michael sets the presents as Luke puts out the food. Calum touches up the decorations. We get done three minutes before the door clicks open.

We stand there like idiots, catching our breaths and yelling "Happy Birthday!"

"Oh my god. You.. Did this? And damn girl! Never tell me you can't rock a dress. I love you guys!" She almost gets teary eyed from the unexpected gesture while she leans in to form a group hug. We all smile and laugh.

"I wanted to to do something special for your birthday since you -and Ashton- made mine so much. I have another surprise and the boys individually have something for you as well. It kind of all goes together though so you have no choice but to accept all." I laugh off the last part as a joking manor. The rest chime in and smirk.

"Ok!" She says before she turns her head towards the dining table. "Oh my god! You even made my favorite food and dessert! Awwh!" She smiles at the terribly made Spinach Ravioli and Parmesan encrusted garlic bread. She starts grinning when she notices the Pineapple Upside Down Cake with whipped cream and brown sugar. I have no idea how she can handle that much sweetness in one thing, but she enjoys it. We exchange looks before we head over to the table to stuff our faces. We let Chasity go first, of course, and then I get my plate of food. Ashton goes after me and so forth. We eat and slowly tease her about our secret gift. She tries to above a ravioli in my face for taunting her. We all laugh at her anxiety to know.

"Just tell me what the theme is. Like is it music? Is it transportation related? Does it have to do with clothes? Maybe it deals with animals?" She asks hesitantly and impatiently.

"I'll tell you that it deals with three of those options you named. I mean, techniqually it deals with all three. Just trust me Chasity, you'll never stop thanking us." I smile at her and finish up my plate.

Ashton leans in and kisses my cheek before whispering to me "I better be tagged along in this amazing gift. Since I know what it is, I'd hate to not see you for a whole week." He halfway jokes with that sentence, but meaning to be serious. I look at him and give him a smirk. He raises his eyebrows before getting up to wash his plate.

"We'll have dessert later if that's alright? I really want to open my presents now. You guys got me so unsettled and anxious now." Chasity says as she takes up the rest of the plates, me joining her at the kitchen sink.

"Sure. I just hope you don't piss your pants. That's too much of a lovely dress to have stained with urine." I joke with her as she gives a fake ha-ha and dries up the dishes.

We head into the living room and take a seat as Chasity impatiently waits. Michael goes first and hands her a medium sized box. The paper covering it was plain pink with a white bow. She admires it before tearing it off and looking at the small photo album placed in her hands. She looks at Michael, then the rest of us and smiles.