Chapter Eleven

Jason's POV

     I didn't even know what was happening. I couldn't process it for the life of me, no matter how many times I replayed the scene in my head.

     Percy had showered. He got out a started to fix his hair. He looked over at me and his eyes immediately glazed over. A couple minutes later, while I was consoling him by rubbing his shoulder blades and stomach, something Thalia did for me when I was really little, he collapsed to the floor, looking the worst I've ever seen him look. I ran over and made sure he hadn't obtained any physical injuries before calling Nico, Thalia and Piper over, frantically trying to tell them everything that happened through a panic attack that was taking over all my senses. Then he started bawling his eyes out, though he still appeared to be unconscious. After a few more minutes of me explaining, his eyes opened. His face had been drained of all color and he was still crying.

     Nico had rushed over, talked to him, and started to sooth him. Then I picked him up, he screamed, he went unconscious again and we rushed him here. And here we are, three hours later, waiting for final results from Will.

     Nico had eventually calmed everyone down, which I think surprised all three of us, and we were all quietly talking in the room Percy was in, though there was a curtain around his bed. No one could bear to look at him in such an awful state.

     Honestly, Nico seemed to be in the worst condition out of the four of us. Really all he had was his sister, Percy and Will. Now that his sister is gone, and him and Will had broken up, all he had was Percy. Yet he had still consoled all of us and kept us sane when Percy was unconsciously sobbing and screaming.

     After another half hour or so, Nico slowly stood and walked over to Percy's bed, pulling the curtain aside and shutting it behind him. His feet vanished from views under the curtain, and a few minutes later I could hear soft sniffles.

     I often had to remind myself how fragile Nico really was. He did such a good job pretending to be so tough and putting up walls that I find myself forgetting that he's technically still almost three years younger than most of us, with an even more shitty life than most the kids at camp.

     Once I started to hear the soft crying, I looked at Thalia and Piper before standing, walking out of the room quietly. I could hear them following behind me and shut the door behind us once we were all out.

     Another half hour until Will came by. "I've finally got it. We should go inside."

     We got into Percy's room and opened the curtain to get Nico. He was tucked tightly into Percy's side, his head resting on Percy's chest, one arm dropped over his stomach and the other propping him up. He had tear tracks going down his face, but his eyes were closed and he was no longer crying, obviously passed out.

     Deciding to let him sleep, I closed the curtain and turned to face Will, who grimaced as he shuffled through files. "Basically, as far as we can tell, he was suffering from a PTSD induced delusion. We're not sure what the delusion was, but they are often very damaging to a person. We have him pre-opted for therapy sessions in the city with a demigod therapist. The option of additional or stronger medications are also available if he wants or requires them."

     I flinched when I recalled all the medications already hidden in his cabinet but nodded. "Anything else?"

     Will thought for a moment before shaking his head. "No. When he wakes he is free to leave, since his physical health isn't bad enough to keep him, but I would feed him as much as possible."

     I remembered how he sucked in his already concave stomach when I was frowning at his ribs and knew that it was going to be a challenge but nodded. "Yeah, I will."