Chapter Fifteen

Percy's POV

     For the rest of the day, we hung around random stores, bought whatever we wanted and ended up with dozens of bags. As he walked back to the Volkswagon- the only vehicle Nico could smuggle off of Chiron- we laughed and talked, breaking into the dozens of packages of food we had bought.

      Jason blared Panic! At the Disco through the stereo as we laughed, talked and ate the entire way back. Somewhere during that time frame, Jason had grabbed my hand, holding two of my fingers in his own as he also gripping the shift. I could feel my face going a little red as I continued to talk with Nico, squeezing his hand gently while Nico gave me a knowing look.

     Once we had returned to camp, Jason only let go of my hand to get out of the car and grab  a few bags before grabbing my hand again, squeezing it gently. I smiled to myself and squeezed back, walking close enough to Jason so that our hands occasionally brushed against eachothers outer thigh.

     "Oh my gods, Will! No!" Nico suddenly shouted, shouldering the slightly taller blond.

     "Well your eyes were-!"

     "My eyes were on their hands, not their asses!"

     Jason and I exchanged a look before bursting into laughter.

      "I mean, I wouldn't blame you to be honest," Will admitted with a shrug.

      "Are you comparing my ass to theirs?"

     "Wha- No! Of course not!"

     "Mhmm."

     "C'mon Sunshine, don't be like that," Will pouted. "You-" Will stopped abruptly. "I get beat up no matter what I say. I'll just shut up. I love your ass babe, don't worry."

     "You better," Nico huffed. All of us burst into laughter for the seemingly millionth time that day. I couldn't remember the last time I've laughed so much, even before Annabeth.

     I was never exactly the happiest kid. With Gabe at my side since I was three, quests at twelve, I never really got a break to enjoy my life. At fourteen I was dealing with a relationship. A few years of restless bliss after Luke before Hera came along and sent me to Camp Jupiter. Another year and the Annabeth situation unfolded. Now we're here, a few weeks later.

      I suddenly realized that Nico was approaching behind us, the middle of him lined up with the gap between Jason and I. I let go of Jason's hand so our hand-swinging wouldn't hit Nico in the groin. "So. What do you say we get the gang back together tomorrow and just hang out?" Nico inquired curiously, looking between Jason and I. Both of us shrugged.

     "Sounds fun."

     Nico hummed. "Alright. How's the view back there Will?"

     "Nico!" Will groaned in annoyance while Nico snickered, causing Jason and I to laugh.

     We headed out separate ways, Nico and Will to the Hades cabin and Jason and I to the Poseidon one. I collapsed onto the bed with my things, and Jason followed with his own things. "That was exhausting," I groaned quietly.

     Jason laughed. "They bickered like an old married couple. But it was really fun."

     "Really. I haven't had that much fun in... Years. Not since I was probably ten."

     "Thirteen years?" Jason whistled. "That's a long while."

     "Then again, today was really fun. We had fun nights  on the Argo, too," I admitted. "I enjoyed hanging out with Nico then, even though that was when he was just an angry child."