Chapter Thirteen

Percy's POV

     "Jason?"

     I heard a quiet hum sound from behind me and turned to face him. He was gently holding me around my waist, barely even touching, his eyes closed. "You know you don't have to distance yourself so much. I know..." I hesitated, turning to face Jason completely. "I know you won't hurt me."

     Jason's eyes cracked open slightly, meeting my own eyes. "I don't want to accidentally do something that will make you uncomfortable or anything."

     I thought for a while, chewing at the inside of my cheek. "I'll tell you if you do."

     Jason was silent for a while, studying me. "Promise?"

     "Promise."

     Jason smiled gently, still looking half asleep as he pulled me into him, making me squeak as my face flushed a dark red. "You good?" He whispered, tensing slightly as a look of fear crossed his face.

      "Yeah, just surprised. I'm good," I promised, leaning forward to kiss him gently.

     He kissed back gently, his eyes fluttering shut as his right hand rested passively on my waist, making me smile gently.

     I think I'll be doing perfectly in the future, as long as Jason and Nico stay at my side. Annabeth hasn't been seen in days, and people say she went back to California to study with her dad in architecture and history. Jason's been so helpful with everything. He's made me feel wanted, and like I'm actually worth something. Most everything has seemed to get better since Annabeth left. I wasn't feeling constantly weighed down by pressure, or the urge to make her feel proud of me. I knew Jason was dating me for me; not the hero facade that I couldn't always keep up.

     Once Jason and I pulled away from each other, Jason sat up. "Want to visit Nico?"

     I grinned. "You know exactly what a man wants."

     We both laughed and started to get ready for the day. I felt comfortable changing in front of Jason, and though it was just a t-shirt I felt it was an accomplishment for me. I could see Jason beaming at me when I turned to face him again, and I flushed darkly. "Stop smiling, it's unnerving."

     Jason laughed and leaned forward, planting a kiss on my cheek before he continued to get ready. Finally, he took my hand and we headed outside the Poseidon cabin and towards the Hades cabin. When we passed in front of the infirmary, however, we exchanged a look and headed inside, figuring Nico would be with Will.

     As camp grew, everything got more expansive, so our infirmary operated like a hospital. We went to the front desk, smooth mahogany with a black marble top, and smiled at Kayla. "Hey Kayla, know where Will is?"

     Kayla rolled her eyes. "Honestly, probably bickering with di Angelo somewhere in here."

     I pursed my lips to suppress a smile. "We're looking for Nico, actually, so that would be perfect."

     Kayla laughed. "You can just look around if you want, I'm sure you'll hear them from a mile away."

     She was right. It didn't take us ten minutes to hear the first voice. "Really, Nico? Really? That is not at all how that works."

     "It is in my world!"

     We followed the voices, trying to suppress laughter as he heard their conversation. "We don't live in your world, Sunshine."

     "Don't call me that, and who says I didn't knock you out and put you in a virtual reality of my world? I'm spinning lies through coding and programming. You never know."

     "You can't even operate a TV, I doubt you're running a mastermind mechanical trap."

     "Shut up! That TV was complicated!"

     "You didn't know what input meant, Nico."

     We turned the corner and found them, Will typing on a computer and Nico standing across from him, leaning on the counter with his arms crossed over his chest with a pout. "How am I supposed to know that!?"

     "Or an HDMI cord."

     "Those are complex! It should run... Wirelessly, or- or something!"

      "Babe, it's all labeled and tells you exactly how to use it," Will replied, not having looked up from the computer as we walked closer.

     "Oh look! Percy! Percy's here!" Nico threw an arm around my shoulders, tugging my down as Jason and I laughed. "Can we not talk about this anymore?"

     Will shook his head with a laugh. "Sure thing Sunshine."

     Nico turned to face us, mouthing 'I won this argument, not him,' before turning and beaming innocently at Will, who only glanced up through his curls and chuckled.

     "Anyways, what are you guys doing here?" Will asked, looking at Jason and I curiously.

      "Just wanted to visit," I admitted with a shrug.

     "Aww! See, Percy makes time for me. Why can't you?" Nico pouted, leaning forward to flick Will's forehead.

     "What do you mean can't you? I do nothing but hang out with you! All day!" Will looked amused, looking up and turning off the computer. "You follow me everywhere like a lost puppy."

     "Lost hellhound, maybe," I snorted.

     Nico shoved me into Jason, making the both of us laugh. "Shh. Anyways, we should do something once Wills shift is over. Maybe go out? I am very persuasive with Chiron, I could-"

     "More like you annoy him until he agrees just to get rid of you," Will scoffed, coming around the counter and wrapping an arm around Nicos waist, kissing his cheek.

     "Same thing. You guys up for a double date?" Nico asked, looking hopeful.

     I looked at Jason and shrugged. "I'm up for it if you are."

     "I'd me happy to join," Jason agreed, squeezing my hand with a gentle smile.

     "Great! Come back in an hour, casual dress," Nico beamed, making Will chuckle.

     "You're so cute."

     "I am not, shush," Nico huffed.

     "Adorable," Will mused, kissing his cheek again.

     "Why are they so cute?" I asked, looking over at Jason. "Why can't we be that cute?"

     Jason laughed. "It's impossible. They're the power couple."

     I shrugged. "Fair point." Everyone laughed and Will checked his watch.

     "I get off in about an hour, want to meet up then?"

     Everyone agreed. "I'll go... Persuade... Chiron to let us go. Try not to miss me too much," Nico teased, leaning up to kiss Will, who happily returned the kiss with a chuckle.

     "I'm sure I will."

     Nico flushed slightly, obviously not expecting the sweet response before heading for the exit in a jog. Everyone laughed quietly at the pure being of Nico, sarcastic and fluffy as ever, while Jason and I refined getting ready at our cabin for our double-date with Will and Nico.

Author's Note

I'm planning on two more chapters until the book ends? Maybe three, but two is likely. :)