Chapter 3

The meeting continued normally. Myra presented another meal of fresh salted bread, with a sauce on the side.

After the food was consumed, Nile broke the chatter by clearing his voice, "Another serious topic we must discuss. But this does not include the Survey Corps." He said.

I instantly knew what he was about to talk about, Casino Ringstar.

"Even though this matter does not include the Survey Corps, please listen anyway.

For about a year now, a specific request given to the Military has been passed around, till it recently entered the hands of Eve. A first-class casino has been conducting some illegal activity. The casino is called Casino Ringstar. Now, of course, a situation like this could easily be handled but it seems to be a lot deeper than this. Serious subjects like Slavery and Murder seem to be related to this Casino.

The original request we received was to find a man related to the Casino, who apparently refused to pay back a loan, but someone else did research on the topic and found out despicable things and refused to continue working on the request. This soldier also quit and left for cattle farming." Nile laughs darkly but quickly became serious again.

"The Casino here, in Wall Sina, is ridiculously close to the Wall and gate that leads to Stohess. I need some designated people from the Garrison to watch out for suspicious behavior close to the Wall. I also want them to try and regulate who enters the establishment.

I will have Eve work on this mission if that is okay with Zackly. Any comments?" Nile finishes.

"Alone?" The grey-eyed Captain from the Survey Corps narrows his eyes at me. I raise an eyebrow at him. What's his problem?

"Eve working alone? Of course." Nile looks at the captain confusedly.

"Why would she work alone on such a serious mission?" Erwin joins and turns to stare at me.

"Want to join me?" I ask and chuckle.

"If I could. This sounds extremely dangerous. Nile, ask a few soldiers to accompany her." Erwin continues.

"Commander, do you think any other soldier would be bothered to joi-" Nile glares at me and I quickly shut up.

He doesn't like hearing the truth about his wall awful military brigade.

"There aren't enough soldiers Eve would accept willingly and work with. She will work on this mission, alone." Nile says sternly.

"I disagree." Erwin says shaking his head.

Okay, this is getting annoying.

I narrow my eyes at him, "Whether you agree or disagree does not bother me. I have no objections to doing this mission. Whether I die or not because of me being by myself, should not be any of your business. I do believe you are not paying for my gravestone anyway. I will work on this mission alone and I will not have any male insinuate what I can and what I can't do."

"Eve..?" Zackly starts.

"Yes?" I cross my arms and face him.

"That was beautiful!" He stands up and starts clapping his hands, "We need more independent women in this century." Zackly's grin grows. "This is why you are my favorite." Everyone at the table looks at him confused.

"You have favorites?" Nile asks, his lips twitching.

"Of course. But be aware Eve is my only favorite. I hate the rest of you equally." He retorts.

"Okay, let's stop this childish banter. I am working on this mission alone. Now, when do you think it is suitable to start Zackly?" I ask dismissing all of their expressions.