Chapter 13

"Stay in a hotel?" I look at this soldier, fire burning in my eyes, "Are you crazy? Open the gate."

"I'm sorry Ms." He grits his teeth, "I don't have the authority to open the gate for you."

"Fuck this." I mutter and shake my head while turning around. I calm myself and stalk over to the soldier, "Where's the closest hotel?"

"Less than 10 minutes away." He smiles, "I can escort you too."

"Perfect." Levi says and I force out a smile.

"Are you allowed to use your gear to enter Stohess?" I ask the soldier as he leads the way.

"Yes." He answers. I let out a sigh of relief and cross my arms.

***

We arrive at the hotel and the soldier nods at us. I scowl at his logic. Since when could you not leave Wall Sina this late at night? Really foiled my plans. I will be speaking to Pixis about this as soon as I get the chance. "Wait here for a minute." I nod at the soldier and walk inside the Hotel with Levi.

Hotel Bellinger.

"What do you need him for?" Levi asks me as soon as we step into the bright hotel.

"Need him to deliver a letter." I mutter and walk over to the receptionist. "Can I get a piece of paper and a pen please?" I smile. As soon as she hands it over I immediately start writing.

Dear Otto Schmidt,

The gates locked so we are stuck staying at a hotel, Hotel Bellinger. Tomorrow morning, can you drop off an MP uniform and Scouts uniform in the size-

"Levi. What size uniform do you wear?" I stop writing and glance at him.

"An extra small." He raises an eyebrow at me. I drop my pen and chuckle. "Why are you laughing?"

I turn to him, "Nothing funny. We are just the same size." I hear Levi click his tongue and I laugh again.

extra small for both. Can you also drop off two horses and a butt load of plastic zip ties? When you get here ask the reception to call down 'Eve Hamilton'.

Take the rest of the day off,

Eve.

I drop my pen and fold up the paper. I move towards the entrance and see the soldier impatiently tapping his foot. I roll my eyes and open the doors to him. "I need you to deliver this letter to the Military Police Headquarters. It is very important."

"Who are you?" The soldier lowers his torso, looking down at me.

I frown and pull out my ID from the holster on my thigh. "Eve Hamilton. Second-in-command of the Military Police. Can have your job if you don't deliver the letter." I state and emphasise the threat.

"Oh." The soldier straightens himself. "I will deliver this promptly."

I smile, "Yes you will. Have a good night."

Before he can reply I turn around, instantly dropping my smile and walking back into the hotel. I walk straight to the receptionist and put back on my fake smile. Leaning against the counter I ask, "Can I get two rooms for the night?"

She opens the logbook, sliding down each room before looking up to me, "Unfortunately we do not have two available rooms."

I try not to let my smile falter and instead say politely, "We will take a room with two beds then."

"Sorry. The only room we have left is our platinum room with a single bed, large bathroom, beautiful vi-"

"Fuck." I cut her off which attracts Levi's attention. He walks over to me, an eyebrow raised. "How much for the room?"

"Well, it is our most expensive room so-" She starts and I close my eyes and release a deep sigh.

"You know what?" I say, my voice devoid of any emotion, "I don't care about the price. We'll take it. Put it under 'Eve Hamilton'."

"Commander Eve Hamilton?" She asks, her eyes wide.

"Unfortunately, yes." I mutter.

She turns to the bellhop and beckons for him to come to us. "Room 305. Have a great night."

The bellhop offers us a joyful smile and gestures to the stairs, "This way." I offer him a faux smile before crossing my arms and moving along.

***

As soon as we enter the room I hear Levi grunt, "Why did you get a single room?"

I clench my fists and turn to him, "Do you think I purposely got a single room? The didn't have any double rooms." I walk forward and explore the room.

"It's massive." Levi states.

"It's Wall Sina." I retort in reply. "Of course it's unnecessarily big and extravagant."

"You live here." Levi turns to me, making intense eye contact.

"Yeah. All MP commanders do." I reply, giving him a dirty look, "You can take the bed. I'll take the chair."

"Huh." Levi starts, "Will you be able to? The beds the MP sleep on are really soft."

I look at him with a dangerous look in my eyes, "Excuse me? Levi if you want that privilege there's nothing stopping you from joining."

"I'll take the chair. Sleep on the bed." He argues, his steel eyes boring into me.

"Fuck you." I grit my teeth and plop myself on the chair, "You have the attitude of a child. Since I'm the adult here, you can take the bed."

"Just take the fucking bed." Levi crosses his arms, his usual poker face gone and replaced with one of anger. But it doesn't defer me. "I'm trying to be nice."

"Trying to be a gentleman." I raise an eyebrow at him, "If you weren't here I wouldn't have booked hotel. I would have slept on the streets. So take the fucking bed I've given you."

"Brat." I hear him mutter and enter the bathroom. I shake my head and lie, down, getting comfortable on the couch.

Who the fuck his he to call me a 'Brat'?

Instead of dwelling on it, I clear my head and decide to fall asleep instead. Less than a minute later, darkness surrounds me and I fall into a deep sleep.

***