2 | Diego Hargreeves

Imagine you being Diego's shoulder to cry on. (xFemale!Reader)

"I-i lost a friend today." Said Diego as he looked down at his feet. Y/N was sitting at the sofa, reading the book his sister had written. As soon as she heard what he said, she placed the autobiography down and sped to her best friend.

She embraced him and placed a hand on his head, "I'm so sorry, Diego."

He tried his best not to cry, he didn't like to show his real feelings to anyone. But when he met Y/N, everything changed. He changed.

Diego hugged her back,"I can't b-believe that I-i lost her." He lets his tears roll down his face and hugs Y/N tighter. "W-why couldn't Eudora just wait a little more? Darn it! It's all my fault, Y/N!"

Y/N was a little taken a back, she had never seen Diego cry, she had known him for quite some time now and he had been slowly opening up to her. But this was a first and she knew she wanted to be there for him.

"No, no. Diego it's not your fault. Stop blaming yourself." She tried to console him, even though it was never her specialty. After all, not many people relied on her much. That's why she always appreciated Diego putting his trust on her.

"I wasn't there for her when she needed me...and now I can't take anything back. She's dead..." his legs were getting weaker and weaker, his emotions all over the place. Anger, because of her killers; Guilt, because he could've saved her life if he were there earlier and sadness because he lost a very dear friend.

Y/N stayed silent as she caressed his hair, she couldn't say anything. In fact, she didn't know what to say. Her gut feeling told her that what Diego needed right now was a shoulder to cry on and a friend who simply listened, so she did.

The man cried and cried for what seemed like a century, then his chest felt less heavy. He slowly looked up and mustered a small smile.

"Geez, I'm all over the place. I'm so sorry for—"

Y/N felt a little angry when her friend apologized. "No, Diego. Don't apologize. You lost a great friend, it's hard on you. You can express all you want. Cry, hit the table, slam books. Let it out. Keeping all these feelings inside takes a big toll on people." She gave him a weak grin.

He sighs softly and inhales, "I just...gosh...thank you for being here for me. I don't know what I would've done without you." He hugs her again, all his problems seemed to disappear when he did that.

"I'm always here for you, Diego. You know it. Now, let me get you a cup of hot tea. You need something to warm your body." She said as she walked quickly to the kitchen, not wanting to waste another moment.

"Alright." He smiled weakly.

A minute later, she came back with a hot cup of tea. The girl approached Diego who was now sitting on the sofa, staring at the flowers in front of him.

"It may not have seem like it, but she adored flowers. She was the toughest woman I knew. She wouldn't hesitate going after a criminal when she got the call, she was always ready for anything. She looked uptight and serious all the time so it was hard to find out what she was really like." He grinned painfully at the thought of Eudora. "In reality, she was like any other. She loved flowers, she loved hanging out with her friends. She was...ordinary and beautiful. Why is life so cruel? ...To have to take her away from me?"

Y/N placed the tea on the table, her hands on Diego's. "Life does that, it can go from a happy hangout to a painful scene in seconds. But you have to be strong. It's an unpleasant road, but you can overcome it. I know you can."

"I love you, Y/N" he whispered out, letting out a few more tears as he wrapped his hands around her.

"I love you too, Diego."

| NOTE |

If you liked it please give it a vote :) and if you wanna request something, write to me or comment it down 👌

Thank you so much for reading!