Loughgall

The next day it was time. Peter, Tom, Melly and Grace packed the rest of the stuff and the hike started. Each carried something, the two men went ahead with the heavier and Melly and Grace behind with the lighter luggage.

The two women got along immediately and they talked dazzling all the way along.

Tom and Peter remained silent for the first time until Peter broke the silence. "Isn't it nice here?" "Yes, it is",  Tom said and smiled. "I'm really glad that I've decided to visit you and see a familiar face again, even though I've enjoyed my time in Greece." "I'm also glad you're here, Tommie." Tom blushed slightly. The way Peter pronounced his name, so gentle and loving, not once in his childhood, he had experienced that.

From his aunt, he had received only disapproving words, even if he sometimes did something well. Tom had never experienced love on his own, and he hoped it would work out with Peter. He wished for it so much, but he vowed he would not cling if it worked. It should not turn out the way it had with Dickie.

After a while, Peter said they had arrived. From the outside, it looked quite bleak, but the further they went in, the more beautiful it became. Leaves were scattered under the trees, but it took a while for them to become bald. Autumn had just begun and it was not too cool yet.

They were looking for a place right by the lake. It was quiet, only sporadically they saw people walking.

"We could not have found a nicer spot," Grace said happily. The other three nodded in agreement. "You're right," Peter said. "Should we eat or swim first?" Melly asked. "I suggest we alternate so nobody comes, which is not very likely and steals our stuff," Peter remarked. "Yeah, we'll go swimming first," Grace said, looking at Melly. "Sure," she answered.

They had put the swimwear under their clothes and put them on their bath towels, then they jumped into the water.

"Looks like we're alone," Peter smirked. "Yes," said Tom. The two sat in the shade of an old willow. Tom leaned against Peter's shoulder. "I have to tell you something" Peter looked Tom straight in the eyes. "I, er, fell in love with you," Tom said, slightly nervous. "Oh, Tommie, me too," Tom snuggled closer to him and looked up at Peter. Then they kissed. Suddenly, this love scene was interrupted by Melly and Grace, who just came back from swimming. "Oh, so it's about you two," Grace said with a grin. Melly just smiled silently.