Good news to distract from bad

When he was getting home from his interview, he told Peter about what happened cause it had hit him so badly. Why had there to be such people, who destroyed everything, he thought. Why did they care so much? It's not their problem. He should not think about it too much, he would be even sadder. Distracting himself was the best thing he could do and of course not to give up by sending more applications for jobs. Not giving the people what they want.

The next day a telegram arrived, it was from Melly. She said her father was still very weak but gradually getting better. He was having a very bad stroke. Maybe he would not be able to speak and walk ordinarily again. She was glad she could be there for him. Help him with all he needed. She missed the time in the castle but it was her obligation to stay at home for the rest of the time, but maybe they could pay her a visit if her father was in better circumstances.

They were glad that Melly was fine, so she had got home safely. Peter's fears had not proven to be true. THANK GOD.

Tom sitting by the table and Peter standing behind him, he put the letter aside and gave Tom a kiss on his cheek. "Everything is going to be alright" he said patting him gently on the shoulder before telling Grace the good news.

Meanwhile, Tom daydreamed about the day that they first met. How they bumped into each other in the opera in Rome, with mutual admiration from the very beginning. Tom grinned still imagining that moment in his mind. What took him so long, to be honest about his feelings?

What would have been wrong not to deny his identity? His life would have been so much easier from the start except not having enough money to live. If he just didn't interpret Dickie having feelings for him, which he never had. Just let him be happy with Marge, although he had been unfaithful. It wasn't his business and usually, he could keep secrets good to himself. Marge hadn't believed him anyway.

Now he was digressing again, he thought. It was all about the here and now, the present, not the past and if he was thinking about the past then only the good memories. There was nothing he could change anyway.

"What are you thinking about Tommie?" "Just how much I loved you from the beginning, I should have told you my feelings so much sooner" "It's okay, it really is and I'm so glad you're here now" Peter gave Tom a tight hug.