Chapter 7: Business

I wake up breathing heavily and covered in sweat. It takes me a while to realize I'm at home safe and sound. Mum is holding me.

We haven't had a good nights sleep in all these years. Knowing the addictive and harmful nature of sleeping pills I don't use them.

"Mamma I'm alright, it was just a dream". She nods knowing words are lost on me. She heads back to her room looking defeated. She's suffered as much as me if not more. When I came back home she slept with me and came to therapy listening to what that evil man did over and over again.

She cried when Nonno my Grandfather and Gramps decided that sending me away was best. I attended the most prestigious boarding schools with bodyguards following me everywhere. I was broken, I had caused Conrad to get shot, my best friend my protector sent to hospital fighting for his life and I was covered up and taken home. Branded forever by that disgusting man.

I shake myself out of my dark negative abyss. I'm not my past... I'm not my past I'm Regina, reformed to be the Queen I was born to be! This transformation was a gift from Nonno and Gramps I couldn't let them down. They made me strong again, a warrior, a success. I will not break.

I get up and head to the gym. A good workout will help me focus. I have a great workout then have a hot relaxing shower, planning out my day mentally. I come downstairs to breakfast to mum making pancakes. "Yum smells delicious Mamma, you're the best!" I give her a kiss on the cheek and sit down as she hands over my plate. "You're leaving early today Ava everything alright? " She asks concern in her eyes.

"Yes mum Mr Self Appointed financial expert Bradley Constine wants to go through the hospitals finance reports before casting his vote in favor of building the additional oncology ward and cancer care clinic".

She bursts out laughing "wow what a long title he has".

"Mammaaaa he's just the worst, manipulative, forceful, stubborn and pushy Ohhhh now pushy just to get his way always".

"Hmmm interesting sounds like someone I know".

"Ohhhh come on Mamma Papa is nothing like that... Chuckles Ohhhh Ava darling I didn't mean Papa at all".

"But Nonno and Christian aren't like that either Mamma, neither was Nonno Toni...I'm confused".

"My dear Ava you don't have to be a man to have those qualities and I can rephrase all those qualities in a more positive way... Assertive, Driven, Ambitious and Unyielding, Strong, Dependable and Generous. Ring a bell" She says with a smile and an eyebrow raised.

That's her look when she's enquiring if you've understood. I know what she's trying to say I've been described as all those words at some point.

"I am nothing like him Mamma, and generous the man wouldn't know generosity if it hit him in the face Mamma".

"Hit who in the face?"

I look up to see my gorgeous sister all dressed for work as well. She gets her plate from Mamma as well and looks at us waiting for an answer.